<1 Days left until device in hand (or the line). What are you doing while you wait for the iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Starfyre, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017

Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

There are less than 1 day left until the iPhone X comes out for In-Store Pickup and Launch Day Delivery! What are you doing to cope? I am feeling restless. I've been trying to cope by not thinking about it too much, come on macrumors every day and look at new news and content, and been thinking about whether i really want to pre-order or just stand in line...

One (or 2) Personal Highlights Pulled from a Stream of Highlights
    A.P. - After Preorder
    <1 Day: Getting ready to go to Apple Store!
    1 Day: Decided to buy Apple Leather case!
    2 Days:
    Thinking of lining up! Played some volleyball with a few friends to take my mind off of the iPhone X.
    3 Days: The silver is looking better and better, doing a lot of research on photo quality and am hoping to see more iPhone X positives!
    4 Days: Preordered Spigen Glass screen protector with estimated 10 days to ship, but shipped almost immediately! Pretty happy with the Space Gray, but reading lots of pro Silver...
    5 Days: Excited to see order is preparing for shipment! Ordered a Spigen Glass screen cover I plan to pair with an Apple leather case. Seeing how much it costs to replace the screen (and I don't plan on getting AppleCare), glass screen protector is a must have.
    6 Days: Excited to see the ship date change from November 10 - November 17 to November 3! Started doing research on screen protectors, glass screen protectors. Top contenders are Zagg and Spigen, the Spigen also having an option for nano glass particles.
    7 Days: Staying in bed, thinking of how awful T-Mobile was to not have launch day shipping, but launch day pickup. Happy MacRumors Forums is stable now! I <3 MacRumors.

B.P. - Before Preorders

3 Mins after Preorder 12:01am start: Store came up on Apple Store app! I am 100% sure I have to be one of the first one's in. Noticed a huge problem. Shipping to Home is November 10 - November 17, but In Store Pickup is November 3. I immediately jumped on Store Pickup, then placed another order for Shipping. Apple Pay, completed pre order! After getting my order in, I checked Apple Store website... and it was still down! Looks like using the Apple Store app had at least a 5 minute lead on the website!
    0 Mins till Preorder: Cant stop refreshing... preorder is not up!
    5 Mins till Preorder: So close... so close...
    15 Mins till Preorder: Waking up getting ready to preorder.... ready to pounce on getting the preorder in.
    3 Hours till Preorder: Keep checking and posting on macrumors... going to take a nap in my time capsule soon to transport to the future... 2 hours and 30 minutes later... dreaming I could do this (with an iPhone X in hand)

The Middle by Jimmy Eats World
    "It just takes some time
    Little girl, you're in the middle of the ride
    Everything, everything will be just fine
    Everything, everything will be all right"

6 Hours till Preorder: Wanting to take a nap, but the anxiety has me staying up watching the Steve Jobs movie with Michael Fassbender eating SmartPop low calorie popcorn.
    12 Hours till Preorder: Started making a game for iPhone! Wanting to test on iPhone X to see how it looks. Practiced purchasing an item from the Apple Store app.
    24 Hours till Preorder: Rewatched entire keynote on iPhone X, am so excited.
    Day 2: Installed the Apple Store app! Feels nice seeing the big iPhone X on the home screen of the app.
    Day 3: Took new Airpods out for a whirl today, so easy to use! Started looking at cases, I don’t like the ones that are silicone only, but the Apple official one isn’t available yet...
    Day 4: iPhone (running on latest iOS 11 update ran out of battery today, but is going through an infinite boot loop at the Apple logo that disappears, blacks out screen, the Apple logo shows up again... repeat...) if I had an iPhone X in hand right now, this would not be a problem! Not having a working phone until the X comes out will be hard if I can't get my phone to snap out of it. @apwtwenty, I caught a Sableye before the infinite boot loop [fixed infinite boot loop!]
    Day 5: Went out with some girlfriends to catch Pokemon and caught my first Pikachu w/Witch Hat! Mission Accomplished. I used the "AR" mode to catch it, it's not real AR, but sure makes me look forward to getting a taste of real AR with the iPhone X. That, and read about the Essential's price cut to $499, for those who don't know, is the phone with a smaller notch. May the iPhone X remain victorious. (decided to give Engadget some love after harshly criticizing one of their past posts)
    Day 6: Sniped some brand new AirPods at a price I could not pass up on ebay for $139.99, there was a cheaper one for $89.99, but seller had 75% approval rate so I passed on that. Shipped immediately!
    Day 7: Scouting Airpod sales so I can maybe order a pair for my iPhone X

2. TinaNYCTower macrumors member

Idk. Maybe live my great life

3. Starfyre, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2017

Starfyre thread starter macrumors 68030

Starfyre

It's not just a phone, it's a phone, ipod, web browser, computer, all in one. It's the first with an OLED display.
    Being on my old iPhone, this is huge for me.

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Cope? Seriously?

I have a life. I don't need to cope.

Disclaimer: This is intended as a serious reply. Thank you.

5. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

carry on with the normal routine. Work eat sleep have fun!

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That's Perfectly fine that you're excited for the X. But that doesn't change how one's life rotates from a day-to-day basis because of an iPhone. It's just a piece of technology, and will be the same year after year.

7. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

8. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

Classic starfyre :D

People will continue their lives as normal, the world doesn’t revolve around the iPhone after all.

9. michael9891 macrumors 65816

Largely avoiding this section of MR and the sheer quantity unnecessary threads.

10. stormchasejg macrumors regular

stormchasejg

College work, work, life as normal for next 2 weeks bar 0740-0805 Friday 27th and nothing productive is being done on nov 3rd.

11. DennisdeWit macrumors 6502

DennisdeWit

12. eVolcre macrumors 68000

eVolcre

Sexy notch?

13. JohnApples macrumors 65816

If only there was a mathematical way to find out what we should do while we wait...

14. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

15. eVolcre macrumors 68000

eVolcre

On the forehead of course. A large sized one. And hey! You’ll have prexisting ears to either side. :)

16. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

I might go the whole hog & tattoo a clock on my right ear & Wifi/Cellular/Battery status on my left.
    #fanboi

17. Jimpilot macrumors 6502a

Jimpilot

What? A new IPhone is coming out! Why wasn’t I told? :p

18. eVolcre macrumors 68000

eVolcre

That would actually be a pretty good Halloween costume. Just saying. With a huge X painted across the face.

19. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

I'm getting restless too. Yesterday I received my iPhone x cases from Amazon and got even more excited.

I'm going to bury myself in work and splatoon 2 until. November 3rd.

20. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

& an Apple logo on my back. :D

Thread contribution: I've actually ordered a Screen Protector for the X & waiting on that to arrive.

I'm still not sure if I'll purchase the X btw...

21. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

Now officially 6 days to go....thinking of what Hermes AWS3 SS strap to go for & generally getting a life:cool:

22. eVolcre macrumors 68000

eVolcre

The tattoo looking one in blue! Its gorgeous. Or the rallye

23. bizack macrumors 6502a

Contemplating the meaning of life. Deciding if it's worth continuing if I don't get an iPhone X on launch. Maybe I'll meet Steve Jobs in heaven...