1 dent, 2 scratches, perfect screen/back

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JCL, Sep 24, 2012.

1. JCL macrumors member

Looking for some advice or grounding. I resell my phone every year to upgrade.

I have 1 hard to notice dent in the chamfered edge (you really have to look for it and have OCD), 1 scratch that my nail can get stuck into (more easily noticeable) but a perfect screen and no "rattling".

What would you do?

Edit: also have a very slight gap issue on the right side (but again you need OCD vision to notice it).

2. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

I have OCD too. My iPhone shipped with 2 scratches on the chamfered edges! I'm just enjoying the phone for what I paid for it, if it doesn't inhibit the use of it then I'm not bothering making a return, however it does drive me crazy every one in a while !

3. JCL thread starter macrumors member

That is true, it's not like I paid multiple thousands for the phone like a fine watch but it's annoying to receive a product with flaws.

This chamfered edge and Apples idea to compare the phone to a watch has opened a huge can of worms.

4. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

I agree. Apple claims that they compare the iPhone chassis to 700 or so other ones to find the best match. Imagine what the rejected ones look like! :eek: