1-Finger Tap Window dragging?

MBX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hey there

Just got a new MBP 15'' with Mavericks. But I'm disappointed to see that Apple has gotten rid of the "1-finger tap window dragging" in the touchpad settings?

Is this no longer possible? I'm coming from Snow Leopard 10.6x and loved the fact that I don't have to press the touchpad down to right click or drag windows and now this seems gone.

Any ideas?

TonyYYZ

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Hey there

Just got a new MBP 15'' with Mavericks. But I'm disappointed to see that Apple has gotten rid of the "1-finger tap window dragging" in the touchpad settings?

Is this no longer possible? I'm coming from Snow Leopard 10.6x and loved the fact that I don't have to press the touchpad down to right click or drag windows and now this seems gone.

Any ideas?
Coming from a pure Windows background, I still find myself trying to do this each time I use my Mac.

chibisukee

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2012
Go to System Settings->Accessibility->Mouse and Trackpad->Trackpad Options

Check enable dragging and select with drag lock.

GSPice

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2008
Hey there

Any ideas?
3-finger drag is great.

MBX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Guys, Apple has replaced the 1-finger window dragging with 3-fingers now. This IS HORRIBLE.

Dragging windows or files with 3 fingers is extremely annoying, frustrating and leading to stupid results (prematurely dropping a file or window position accidentally).

WTF. Why is Apple constantly giving us only 1 Option and replacing previous ones without giving an alternative :mad:

Any idea how to fix this?

simon48

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Guys, Apple has replaced the 1-finger window dragging with 3-fingers now. This IS HORRIBLE.

Dragging windows or files with 3 fingers is extremely annoying, frustrating and leading to stupid results (prematurely dropping a file or window position accidentally).

WTF. Why is Apple constantly giving us only 1 Option and replacing previous ones without giving an alternative :mad:

Any idea how to fix this?
Really!? Read the helpful posts you got. The second response gave you what you wanted:
Go to System Settings->Accessibility->Mouse and Trackpad->Trackpad Options

Check enable dragging and select with drag lock.

MBX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
lol awesome, thanks guys. Sorry I overlooked chibisukee's post/ suggestion.

Great! Thanks

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
I'm running mavericks,

I can only 3 finger drag the top part of the window? Can I get it to 3 finger drag any part of the window?

I don't really see the point of only 3 finger dragging the top part of the window when I can just single click it and drag....

simon48

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
I'm running mavericks,

I can only 3 finger drag the top part of the window? Can I get it to 3 finger drag any part of the window?

I don't really see the point of only 3 finger dragging the top part of the window when I can just single click it and drag....
BetterTouchTool can do this, I just tested it.