1 in 8 Trump voters would like a do-over

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Thomas Veil, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017

Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

There's a lot of face to lose for Trump voters. More than normal.

3. daflake macrumors 6502a

I would only like a do-over if we could scrub both Trump and Hillary from the ballot.

4. HEK Suspended

HEK

Cue the Hillary comments......oops already playing. LMAO

HRC....the best thing that ever happened to the Donald.

The worst......Mueller (Mueller better not look at my and family finances, or else)

5. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Mine as well.... :confused:

6. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

The other 7/8 were uncontactable as they are actually hacking computer programs originating from Russia.

7. daflake macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I don't like them and didn't vote for either. So... Yes, my comment is valid. If we are having a do-over, I want them both removed and replaced with competent candidates.

8. HEK Suspended

HEK

And I wish the tooth fairy would leave next week's winning lottery numbers under my pillow.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

You'd have to lose a tooth first!

10. HEK Suspended

HEK

Got one out now. Does loose implant count?

11. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Same, beats the alternative.

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I really don't think Trumps first 6 months in office has really been as tumultuous as the media would have us believe.

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It's certainly true that if I skip reading the papers I have more fun. Not sure it's really a good idea though.

14. HEK Suspended

HEK

Well just so long as they don't investigate the family finances the next six months shouldn't be either. Like Donny said......don't go there.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

I think the media is one of the reasons Trump's first 6 months in office has been tumultuous ;)

16. HEK Suspended

HEK

You think this has been tumultuous! You ain't seen nothin yet. Once the money trail starts coming out, holy cow, will the screaming ever start. That's the biggest fear the Donald has. All you have to do is listen to what he says. The money stuff will devistate, it always has and always will.

Remember Al Capone, they couldn't get him for murdering dozens of people. But they locked his ass up over tax evasion. The money gets em all in the end.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

The money or perjury. I want him to testify because there's no way - even if he is 100% scripted - he will stay on book. The odds in him perjuring himself are fantastic.

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The more I think about it, the more amazed I am that Trump got into this race anyway. If you have a biz empire with a lot of prior exposure to the courts, and to some necessarily out-of-mainstream funding once the US banks started declining him as further customer, etc., etc., it takes some serious chutzpah to figure hey that's irrelevant, the main thing is I could be top dog in the whole USA, yeah, my hat's in the ring!

One could wonder if anyone ever helped him sort out some of the possible pitfalls of winning the job. Not just for him but for his businesses and the famiiles now running them.

He's been a master at compartmentalization but in the end that can put one at great risk. All that energy goes into keeping the walls up and nothing left for the whole person to appreciate where he stands in reality.

The whole saga so far seems like he and his family have boarded a cruise train on a lark. They don't --or at least Trump himself doesn't-- seem to realize that he's not the CEO of the USA, the train he's on has no brakes and no one on the planet has a real clue where it's going now, even as it appears to pick up speed.

I spend less time on the news lately (and more on the government sites tracking legislation lol) so the glimpses I get of Washington, DC are sort of kaleidoscopic, almost merry in a way. It's summertime and the living should be easy... so I see the rollout for Made in America week at the White House and think yeah, that's sorta cool, all the flags and stuff on the lawns... And then Trump brings up Russia and the idea of getting the Special Counsel off his back the quick way and I feel like winter is coming.

19. HEK, Jul 20, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

LOL......he will contradict and perjure himself in the first five minutes of testimony. He will never testify, if he smart will take the fifth. Oh wait.........he will testify for sure.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

I wouldn't expect Trump to understand that. I truly believe he isn't really that machiavellian. Maybe he is. But I think at the core - he lives his life and creates his own reality and just expects everyone to fall in line with that. So anything he says or does is acceptable. If you don't accept it - that's your problem. It's the epitome of ego centric. It never enters into his mind that what he does could be wrong (just like on the van tape). He's rich. He's powerful. So he can do whatever the wants. I would almost feel sorry for him if he wasn't running the country.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 20, 2017 ---
    You give it 5 minutes? You're generous ;)

21. HEK, Jul 20, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

He never expected to win. Was a lark, and ego play.

Then the Russians really pulled a fast one here. Saw a way to totally emasculate the US around the world. And pulled the trigger releasing hacks to Wikileaks and targeting key districts with Russian Facebook and twitter nonsense. Was a cheap gamble that paid off big.

Remember Trump not that successful in the gambling business. Keeps going bankrupt. Now taking country with him. For Putin it's been win, win, win. He was down to 10% approval rating in Russia. Even worse than Trump. Recently he improved by 50% moving to 15% approval. Plus for Putin it's been fun. Chance to use his old KGB tricks again.

Trumps such a patsy he didn't see it coming. No domestic investments for Trump properties and all of a sudden Russia comes to rescue with all this funding. Cheap spy novel is being generous here. It's laughable if it weren't happening to us.

22. darksithpro macrumors regular

How did the leaked DNC and Podesta emails help Trump win, exactly? Lets talk about context.

23. citizenzen macrumors 65816

lol.

That speaks volumes.

It leads me to wonder what he could possibly do to lose your loyalty.

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

It's gonna take more than some bogus CNN reporting.