Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

1 Infinite Cantina

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacMarino

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
Its all coming together now!

I guess that we will continue seing more and more rumours coming thick and fast the closer we get to WWDC. Which of the rumours does everyone think are the top 3 that will come to light at the show?:)

Comment

TylerL

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
I love how "Apple employees" so matter-of-factly talk about upcoming products in such an easily digestable manner...

Comment

MrBongHits

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2003
LOL!

I dunno either, but that story was great. Apple employees all wasted hahahaha. Apple does hold keggers for their employees... at least the used to. Anyone remember this?

Who is Ruby?

Comment

trog

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2003
WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!?

LOL. Entertaining at least, but seems just a tad far fetched. It felt like you were watching a movie and all the information had to be put into one scene cause they were running out of film!

Comment

MorganX

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
Midwest
Originally posted by Mudbug
I like silver...
I like metal...
I like handles...

Two Please.
Send the bill to Mr. Underhill, Cabana 10.
:D

With an adjustable display. That does sound inviting. Might be time to pass down my iMac.

Comment

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Re: it's 'fiction' GET it?

Originally posted by foniks2020
To avoid the law and those nice Cease and Desist notices... all you have to do is publish some 'fiction' with your rumors in place of bad dialogue.

I give them credit for having the balls to flout Apple legal this way.

adjustable displays huh?

Thank you foniks2020!!!

I was just about to say the exact same thing! Great way to have some fun...

Dave

Comment

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Is there really a rumor that they're bringing FileMaker back in-house? I always thought that would be a great idea...especially now that Apple is becoming a pretty big software company.

Comment

soggywulf

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2003

To avoid the law and those nice Cease and Desist notices... all you have to do is publish some 'fiction' with your rumors in place of bad dialogue.

adjustable displays huh?

I love it. Kinda like the CSS haiku. :)

Comment

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL

adjustable displays huh?

It was looprumors who posted the story about the adjustable displays. Take a look at http://looprumors.com. It's currently the 3rd story down, dated June 4th.

Comment

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
egads, lets hope the writer isn't planning on making a career out of it! Terrible dialogue, and not believable at all. Of course it does get the point across.:p

Comment

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
So to summerise what AI say:

- PowerBook Speed Bumps

- PowerMac G5 with "all silver and graphite, no more chrome or clear plastic" "4 handles but they are thinner and less extrusive" "the front of the machine is flourished by this mesh metallic surface, with the superdrive now higher up on the case"

- iChat with MPEG4 Video Conferencing and new Camera

- Adjustable Cinema Display

- Filemaker back in-house?

I agree with what others have said, seems like a great way to circumvent or get round Apples legal department. Go at 'em AI!

Comment

iznAdiznam

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2001
Interesting, yet geeky in a comforting way.

Nice!

I _so_ hope these rumors are true....

Take care of your shoes,
Adam

Comment

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
Re: Erotica

Originally posted by Marvin K Mooney
This is like the poorly written erotica as found in the penthouse letters section or whatever... Vaguely paste together some silly circumstance to use as a vehicle to get to the jucy stuff-- but just as I don't belive Joe from Florida made it with a Mother and Daughter while he was cleaning their pool, I don't believe there were apple employees babbling to eachother in such a clear and discernable manner about things that so specifically relate to the going rumors dujour...:D

I'm sure Appleinsider don't expect anyone to believe that was a normal conversation. It was just used as a vehicle to get the information across.

Comment

Marvin K Mooney

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2003
USA
Re: Re: Erotica

Originally posted by TMA
I'm sure Appleinsider don't expect anyone to believe that was a normal conversation. It was just used as a vehicle to get the information across.

I'm sure you're right, at least I Hope so... for their sake...;)

Comment

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
he he :) that's some funny reading, but from the sounds of it the new 15" will have the same features as the 17 & 12". that's good, but it also said that the 15 will have faster chips. would have preferred to hear that they would have new chips, but we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
I'm still very curious about seeing these rumored "iChat cameras". Perhaps they needed to implement that latest Quicktime 6.3 (with 3GPP) as a means of getting them to work.

Comment

The Ancients

macrumors member
May 19, 2003
Auckland, New Zealand
Originally posted by cb911
he he :) that's some funny reading, but from the sounds of it the new 15" will have the same features as the 17 & 12". that's good, but it also said that the 15 will have faster chips. would have preferred to hear that they would have new chips, but we'll have to wait and see.

The guy was drunk (or the author...) give him a break ;)

Comment

Groovsonic

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2002
Near Chicago, Illinois
Ok...

That was some cheesy crap. The dialouge was somewhere between a Skinimax late-night movie and an episode of "Family matters", "Full House", or "Step by Step"... Awful...

I hope the information was correct though.

But I doubt it.

Hate to be the pessimist, but I think everyone is going to be dissapointed. I hope I am wrong though.

Comment

Rocketman

macrumors 603

adjustable displays huh?

What I do not understand is why this site would not even want to publish which catagories of rumous were pulled. It is news. It is a free speech issue. If it does not contain the original content. It does not violate Apple policy and let's face it, like it or not, Mac rumors sites, even this one needs to not get a cease and desist from Apple.

Rocketman

Arn you are GOD. Have Balls.

Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.