1 Week Out - Can't put the 4s down!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HeatherA, Oct 23, 2011.

1. HeatherA macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Amidst all the complaints I thought I'd post an "I Love My iPhone" type post.

I upgraded last weekend from the 3Gs (unlocked/jb) to the 4s factory unlocked to use on T-Mobile. Having this phone has renewed my love for my iPhone. My poor iPad 2 has gotten less use this week as I play with my new gadget.

Of course I realize the changes are not that huge between my two phones, but the speed has taken the drudgery out of using my 3Gs and made the 4s more enjoyable for me again. The new camera has me shooting anything I can get my eyes set on and I'm busy tweaking and tuning to get it exactly how I like it as I try to live without the jailbreak tweaks I'm used to.

I also love the increased Bluetooth functionality. I can finally see what I'm listening to in my car. That's been a pain in my butt the last year or so as the old iOS did not have the correct profiles needed and the only jb app I could buy would just allow for song switching. Now I feel like I'm in this century BT wise. If only I can figure out how to import my phone book...

Oh and then there's Siri. I'm lazy... I admit it. Most times I forget to put things on my calendar because it's a pain. I don't make many lists on the phone 'cause the typing is a pain. Now Siri does all of that for me and I've turned her into my little assistant. How sweet is that? I can't wait to see what she can do in the future, but for the time being I'm having fun learning what I can get her to do for me right now.

I look forward to having her switch playlists and songs or start up an audiobook for me in the car without me ever having to look at the phone... added to my BT mention above and I'm set for car audio controls.

So my phone's body looks a bit different, and the screen is a bit sharper and prettier but the insides are where the real changes have come to pass... and I love it. Well worth the money to upgrade... I love my new iPhone 4s.

Anyone else want to jump on the sunshine and rainbows bandwagon? Then we can all go back to reading the iPhone 4s troubleshooting and complaining threads ;)

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I always love female tech nerds :D

Glad you love your 4S Heather. Once I get a 4S where the battery lasts a full day I'm sure I will feel the same way :)

3. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

When I moved from the 3GS to the 4 the screen was easily the best feature for me. I left iOS in about may to try out android, and I do like android but I'm glad I am back on iOS :)

4. ithing macrumors newbie

How does your screen look like comparing to your ipad? Is it more yellow?

5. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

Why do you use Tmobile as you can't get 3G on tmobile with a 4s?

How does Siri work at EDGE speeds?

6. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

:D

Good luck with the battery.

7. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Here here I second that opinion! Long live female tech nerds!

8. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

My son has Android and I am not a fan. The only place I like it is on my GoogleTV :)

Glad you're back in the iOS fold!

----------

No it's not more yellow

9. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I wonder that too my friend got a iPhone 4 and wants to get the iPhone 4s but he uses on tmobile I wonder if Siri works

10. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Can another female tech nerd jump in? LOL

After having Android and doing all the rooting, custom ROMS, custom kernels and etc. I found it still sucked. This time I wanted a phone that works.

11. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Well I use T-Mobile because I like T-Mobile ;) I am on wifi about 85% of the time so no issues for me there. Siri works fine on the edge for the few times I've needed to use her. I was wondering if that'd be an issue and thankfully it's not.

I've been using an iPhone on T-Mobile for 3 years... and my $6 internet plan is more than enough for me. If I travel I use my iPad and ATT's 3G for more intensive data usage. We actually have 3 iPhones on our plan right now and the nice thing is we can keep data off the phones if we choose so only 2 have any data plan at the moment. Our bill for 4 lines is less than $120 a month... nothing at the other providers can entice me away from that at this point.

Probably more than you wanted to know but there ya have it :)

12. nfl46 macrumors 603

Sadly, I'm returning mines for a Galaxy S2. I've had all 5 iPhones and curious about Android. I'm tired after having the 4 for 16 months. Regardless, the 4S is still the best phone out, but I'm going to go with the second best for now.

13. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Holy crap :eek:

That is so cool that you know that stuff verwon :)

:heart flutters:

14. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Welcome! I could use the company. Haha :)

Yeah, my husband is finding out that Android sucks as he plays with my parent's old Androids. They jumped ship from TMO to ATT with the release of the 4s and my brother putting them on his family plan. So we inherited my mother's G1 and whatever Android my father bought a few months ago.

He's been trying to root the G1 but can't get it to boot correctly. Ah well, at least he has something to keep him busy... and I think it's changed his mind about defecting from iPhone to an Android. Right now my son is the only actual Android user in the house.

I used to mess with custom roms back in my Windows Mobile/Palm Treo days... I'd rather jailbreak any day. The community is much more cohesive for Apple products than for any other phone I've messed with in the past.

15. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I'm right there with ya, OP. I jumped from the 3GS (jailbroken but not unlocked) on AT&T and it's a world of difference!

I use Siri a lot more than I thought I would and my usage is increasing everyday as I learn more and more ways to use it. The screen...well, it's just gorgeous and I guess I got lucky as I've had a perfect one since day one (no yellow tint here).

I did have the battery drain issue early on, but after reading the forum and tweaking the System Settings, it's now far stronger than my 3GS battery (and I never had an issue with battery drain because of the jailbreak).

The camera? Well, lets say I've died and gone to Heaven with it! I used my camera on my 3GS nearly everyday in my job (I work for a local city government and use it to take pictures of signs that need repair). Having the better camera allows me to take even better pictures, which in turn makes writing and explaining work orders even easier. Photo Stream is fantastic, along the same lines, because the pictures I take at work are there, even if I accidentally erase them off the phone.

Yep, I'm completely happy with my upgrade, that's for sure! Yeah, there are tweaks that I miss from the jailbreak (SBSettings being the biggest one), and if an untethered jailbreak is released I'll surely jailbreak my 4S, but the 4S has exceeded my expectations!

16. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Hmmm... He's probably got a bad version of the ROM. They tend to do that.

My son still has his HTC Evo 4G and really likes it, for a teen it's a great phone to have and show off! LOL

17. martinlird macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

If I recall, T-mobile has been bought by orange so people on either get both signals, so aslong as your in an orange 3G area, you'll recieve 3G signal :)

18. gadget123 macrumors 68000

You will go back to the Ipad 2 as it's a bigger Iphone.

Only stand out thing is Siri but I expect Ipad 3 to get that or maybe even Ipad 2 in the future.

19. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Heading into end of 2nd week. Still loving this phone. My only concern is space, starting to wish I had bought the 64gb.

20. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

64gb is a must if you like music etc

Return it and get the 64

21. wellok macrumors 6502

Another female tech nerd here. I loved the ability to tinker and found love in custom ROMs... and then I met the Macbook Air. I was in love with the quality that the next week I was camping out for my first iPhone, the 4S. I thought my Droid X was my baby but my iPhone is like... an appendage. Looking forward to jail breaking but totally thrilled as it is.

Definitely see why everyone talked about MIUI being a wannabe iOS... I didn't care because I just liked it, but now that I have an iPhone it's cool to see how much they did take from the iPhone. Can't blame them - it's a sweet OS.

22. PeteLP macrumors regular

Thanks for posting your joyfull message.

I am loving my 4S, siri, sliding to unlock notifications and everything else. Siri is an amazing time saver.

No battery problems here. (sincere good luck to those who DO have battery issues)

Pete

23. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Welcome!!!!!!

24. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Sounds like you are loving it Pete!

25. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I thought my 3GS was still pretty fast to be honest. Can't wait to get my 4S!