1 yr early upgrade to iphone 5 on sprint

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joybulb, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

Has anyone ever been successful at getting sprint or any other carrier to let you upgrade at the subsidized price after only 1 yr? I've been with sprint for 10 yrs, and you'd be surprised the things I've gotten them to do for me in the area of credits and phone upgrades. I'm going to attempt to get a 1 yr early upgrade for the new iPhone. The most I've accomplished recently was a $75 credit, and that was after telling them that I'm never switching to a new carrier because I'm too lazy. I think this new challenge will take at least a 3 hr phone call, but I think I might be able to pull this off. I want to hear from folks that do similar things with their carrier. Let the flaming begin.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Everybody across all the carriers is getting the early upgrade at the subsidized prices after one year. 3 hours phone call? Should be 3 minutes tops, depending on the breaks between sentences. If you don't get it, you'll be uncool and look like a dim bulb come Sept 12th.

3. Joybulb thread starter macrumors regular

Joybulb

What carriers are you referring to? Sprint and verizon lock in 2 yr contracts. Its been this way for a while.

4. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

My upgrade is October 1st. I'm hoping Sprint will allow us to upgrade early!

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Joy.

Another delightful thread about someone not wanting to fulfill the contract they signed and looking for ways to rip off the system.

6. wongulous macrumors 6502a

LMAO. My new forum hero.

7. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Im on sprint. Keep posting if you get any success.

8. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

I'm on Sprint as well. I don't think getting the upgrade price wold be TOO much of a hassle if your at least a year or so in. I know I'll be off my year mark by a month so I'll call and see what they can do. Either way I'm getting the phone

9. Joybulb thread starter macrumors regular

Joybulb

I called today, and before I even got to asking about upgrade, they offered me a $160 credit for slow data issues(I love sprint). I decided to leave well enough alone and go with that for now. I'll call back about early upgrade tomorrow.