10.10.3 Can't import iphone photos in photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lke, Apr 18, 2015.

1. lke macrumors 6502a

I have years of using a mac and in all this time I never have issues with Mac OS X until I update to 10.10.3.

The worst thing of this update is PHOTOS, how could Apple authorize release the worst app ever they have built.

Right now I can't import my iphone photos in that horrible program, before with iphoto I never have a single issue and now I can't import my photos.

Also it is slower than iphoto and you don't have great features like dividing your photos with events.

Please Apple let us install iphoto and keep updating iphoto with new versions, that is the only way I will let you keep photos because it is the worst ever software I have seen from Apple.

2. lke thread starter macrumors 6502a

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

3. Daysight macrumors regular

I haven't found it slower. For organization, tap the + to create a new album, tap and hold the + to create folders and sub folders.

4. lke thread starter macrumors 6502a

How many photos do you have? I have over 200,000

5. trouble747 macrumors 6502

I didn't want my iPhone photos in Photo, but they popped up there, anyway. I don't see them on my iPad, however.

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

This is what I had to do and had no issues with the re-install!

7. RedCroissant Suspended

My weird solution

Hello,

Instead of trying a 10th time to import my photos directly to the photos app, I opened iPhoto and then plugged in my iPhone 3GS. Once it recognized my phone, then the Photos app recognized it as well and imported the photos with no problem.

It's weird that iPhoto had to be open for it to work for me, but that's what did it and Photos is importing my photos now. It doesn't show a status bar or anything but it's working and that's all I care about.

I almost powered on my PowerMac G5 to install it there and then export them to a flash drive before re-importing them to Photos. I'm glad that I didn't have to do that.

8. graley macrumors regular

Import photos to Photos

Did you hold down option key when you launched Photos ?
    Choose the iPhoto library from the Users Pictures folder.
    Maybe Do it twice.