10.13.5 today?

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by KoolAid-Drink, May 29, 2018.

1. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

Anyone think 10.13.5 will be released today? All the other OSes (iOS, TV, and watchOS) has been updated accordingly today.

I hope so - want Messages on the Cloud because the bulk of my messages/texts are on my Mac, since 2014!

2. Eligos macrumors newbie

I’m sure it’s going to come out soon.

3. fisherking, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018

fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

it will definitely happen or not happen today....

EDIT:
    itunes 12.7.5 just showed up, but... no os update (yet; the day isn't over... or is it? :D )

4. MacintoshDan macrumors 6502

Its kinda going to suck if all of my other devices have messages in the cloud and my computer doesn't....

5. dantracht macrumors 6502

dantracht

6. Voenix Rising macrumors member

Voenix Rising

Why do I feel like this whole Messages-in-the-Cloud thing feels like Lucy, Charlie Brown, and the football?

7. Mr. 123 macrumors regular

It doesn’t make sense for Apple not to release The high Sierra update at the same time, considering messages in iCloud is a universal feature.

8. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

good question! why do you feel like that?

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Probably being held back for those recently discovered CPU exploits.

10. flowrider macrumors 603

flowrider

Hmm, the iTunes update usually coincides with the release of the new OS or shortly thereafter. I don't recall ever seeing it come before an OS update?

I've downloaded and installed it.

Lou

11. nutmac macrumors 68040

This is very likely, especially if the Varient 4 vulnerability fix is already in place and is being tested.

12. JPGR_Fan macrumors regular

JPGR_Fan

I turned on Messages on my iPhone iCloud settings. Now I look at iCloud on the Mac and no Messages tab, but Messages is now taking up space in my iCloud storage (maybe it always was, didn't look before).

13. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

10.13.5 might be a feature release as WWDC is next week.

14. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

on the day it is released, this thread title will be completely correct...

15. az431 macrumors 6502a

az431

Yes how will we survive without this functionality. Simply barbaric.

16. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

While us Apple savvy users know the functionality (Messages in iCloud) isn't released for MacOS yet, the fact Apple released a supporting document on the day 11.4 was released, providing instructions on how to enable this on your Mac (which you are unable to do so yet) seems to have caused enough confusion on these forums. I can't even imagine how annoyed Applecare support must be.

They really should have just held 11.4 back for the MacOS release.

17. JPGR_Fan macrumors regular

JPGR_Fan

Agree. AirPort2 isn't there yet, so my stereo Home Pods can only be played one at a time now from the Mac. iTunes 12.7.5.9 didn't seem to do much.

18. RyanXM macrumors regular

RyanXM

19. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Yep, exactly what I was referring to above.

I'm also curious insofar as to how this functionality works. Beyond flipping a switch in iCloud in iOS 11.4, there really doesn't seem to be a great way to "control" or set the syncing, or monitor the status of the sync.. or something is just broken on my phone :)

20. RyanXM macrumors regular

RyanXM

I haven't updated to 11.4 yet because of this exact reason. If I can't have them synced across devices, I don't see the point in updating to 11.4. The only logical reasons I can think that they delayed 10.13.5 are: Spectre Variant 4 and/or keeping the server loads focused on 11.4 and then releasing 10.13.5 today. When they do both on the same day, they seem to have issues with updates taking forever or never loading.

21. Mike MA macrumors 68000

Mike MA

During WWDC? Would be a shame as I mostly waited for my Mac messages to be synchronized through iCloud....

22. chrfr macrumors 604

You can update to 11.4 now and either enable Messages in iCloud or not. You're not obligated to use it, so I don't see any reason to wait. I enabled it in iOS and it hasn't changed how it Messages works in macOS.

23. steve23094 macrumors 68020

steve23094

I'm wondering how it's going to sync if you have turned on Messages in iCloud on your iDevices and then delete a message? What will be considered the master?

24. crjackson2134 macrumors 68040

crjackson2134

The Master? That's really going to be the cloud.

or

Which ever device you are using at the moment when deleting. For me, the whole point is to be able to permanently delete it from all devices at once, regardless of which device your using at the moment.

25. jon8214 macrumors regular

from what I have noticed it uploads all your messages from all your devices, in my case iPhone and iPad, and then downloads the missing messages to the device they are missing from so you start with all your messages on all your devices

you can then delete the ones you don't want and it will update your master in the iCloud so if you add another device ie a Mac it will upload the messages on it to the cloud and then force download them to you iPhone/ipad and also download the master to the Mac

hope that makes sense