10.14.3 & Safari

wlisik

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
Poland
Is it only me who feels that Apple slowed Safari with 10.14.3 update? Updated from 10.14.2 > 10.14.3 today and felt slowness imiediately . Whats interesting is that its only Safari thats slow.

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
Is it only me who feels that Apple slowed Safari with 10.14.3 update? Updated from 10.14.2 > 10.14.3 today and felt slowness imiediately . Whats interesting is that its only Safari thats slow.
No difference whatsoever for me.

Reactions: crjackson2134

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
It's possible that the update cleared some of the system caches, as it does some housekeeping during the install. Don't know if that would include the Safari caches, or not.
In any event, it would not hurt anything to clear Safari caches now, then restart Safari.

if the system rebuilds the cache files, you might experience some minor performance loss for a few hours, maybe a day or two at most. Give it a few hours.
I have experienced noticeably faster boots since the 10.14.3 update. It's very possible that Apple tweaked some of the system boot files. But, I don't know how that might relate to individual apps.

wlisik

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
Poland
Ive cleared cache -> nothing improved;
Ive been looking throughout the internet and it seems that many people have similar problems, there are many solutions to this given but none works 100%......
I think that Apple messed sth with performance but they just worsened it instead of improving it.
I even installed Chrome:: works well.

Will wait till Apple releases update/patch to Safari.