• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
Kewl... Now, someone go out and try this to see if the battery life on PB improves or not. :D

Comment

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
looks like we can now use microsoft bluetooth mice and keyboards, anyone care to try before my friends goes back and buys it again.

iJon

Comment

Mac til death

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2002
Memphis
Re: Gettin' it

Originally posted by Mudbug
But GOSH! 39.9 Megs is pretty big for an update. (thinks back to the last update and can't remember size...) :)

Actually I think that's about the same size at the 10.2.4 update which was 40 as well.

Originally posted by foniks2020
first post... ;-p

or maybe not

Anyway... I hope this fixes my date problems and refrains from leaving me any new surprises.

Comment

noverflow

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2002
Originally posted by iJon
looks like we can now use microsoft bluetooth mice and keyboards, anyone care to try before my friends goes back and buys it again.

iJon

Mine works fine... i cant get the 3rd and 4th buttons to work though

BTW i only have the mouse

But it was super easy to set up

Im happy
this is all i wanted from this update

Comment

foniks2020

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2002
Re: Re: first post

Anyways, update went fine, no problems. Took about ten minutes with optimization, etc. and restart.

Comment

Steamboatwillie

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2003
Memphis, TN
After I installed the update it swapped my monitors: left went to the right and vice versa. A quick visit to the preferences pane fixed it though.

I was hoping that the code contained some hybrid mutative soft genome that would "grow" dual 970's in my dual 1.25 box. >sigh< One can dream...

Comment

maradong

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
Luxembourg
yup. it s nice it has been published. Just one remark. What the hell has the apple server got for connection. A friend of mine got about 600 kb sec ! thats so cool. With some thousand people downloading the update, the server is still able to send 600 kb to one user...
:D :confused: so cool ;)

Comment

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Finished DLing the update for my PowerMac. It works fine and no problems at all. Downloading it now for the powerbook and hoping that it will solve the battery problem. BTW, the build is 6L29 on mine.

Comment

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
The 10.2.5 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, services and technologies: AirPort, Bluetooth, Classic compatibility, FireWire, Graphics, Image Capture, Mail, and OpenGL.

The update includes improvements to AFP, web services, dial-up connections over PPP, and Windows file services, as well as audio, disc recording, graphics, and printing improvements.

The update also provides updated security services and includes the latest security updates.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website:

http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25405

Comment

goobus

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Just installed it on both of my titaniums and i am using airport without a base station and now all websites load. If somebody else had the problem where sherlock didn't work or sites like macrumors didn't load, that is now fixed. I also noticed that my range is up for airport. Also i heard people haveing battery problems before this update but i haent' noticed any differnce in my battery life. But this actually seems to be a very useful update.

Comment

F/reW/re

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2001
Norway
Originally posted by maradong
yup. it s nice it has been published. Just one remark. What the hell has the apple server got for connection. A friend of mine got about 600 kb sec ! thats so cool. With some thousand people downloading the update, the server is still able to send 600 kb to one user...

kb=kilobit KB=KiloByte mb=megabite MB=MegaByte
600kb is actually very little. Thats less than 10 x 64k modem. 600KB is more than halv a MegaByte. The most I have got with my connection is 1.2 MB/sec (MegaByte).

The apple downloads always goes superfast :) I love them!

Comment

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Fear of Apple Updates

I want to update badly. I have high expectations of this little boost to fix all the problems 10.24 introduced, but I promised myself I'd wait to see that 10.25 doesn't bring other users to their knees. Please, I beg of everyone, post any issues, no matter how small.

Dan

Comment

Maclicious

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2002
Seattle
Originally posted by F/reW/re
600kb is actually very little. Thats less than a 64k modem. 600KB is more than halv a MegaByte. The most I have got with my connection is 1.2 MB/sec (MegaByte).

The apple downloads always goes superfast :) I love them!

The most I ever got with a 64K modem was about 56-58kb second. One of us is obviously on crack :).

Comment

EponymousCow

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2003
Originally posted by maradong

One word: AKAMAI.

Basically, Akamai has tons of servers all over the place and they route your connection to the closest server.

Comment

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
A Couple Things...

First - as for the updates, the one I can notice right off the bat is connecting my mac to the Windows machines in my office. SMB connections are at least twice and quick, and the response over the network is as if the network drives are local to the machine. That beats the tar out of doing it in 10.2.4.

Second - Apple's servers are on akamai.net's backbone, which is an OC-12 line (or multiple of those... I dunno...) That's the equivalent of roughly 50MB/sec (that's BYTES, not BITS) line speed per line, distributed among multiple download servers. The faster your line speed and number of simultaneous connections, the faster you can download.

I've got a cable T-3 connection, and can repeatedly download from them a cool 3 megabits/sec uninterrupted. That's pretty quick for things like this. My download took approx 3 minutes, with another 3 for optimization.

Comment

F/reW/re

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2001
Norway
Originally posted by Maclicious
The most I ever got with a 64K modem was about 56-58kb second. One of us is obviously on crack :).
Why man? I was so on my way to rip this guy apart with my extreme kb-KB knowledge :p

I first quoted the wrong dude so I couldn't rememeber if he wrote 60 or 600kb :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.