10:39pm Still no iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cavok SA, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Cavok SA macrumors newbie

"UPS still says on vehicle for delivery." I called them twice before their customer service closed. I'm not really sure what I should think. I understand that it's a busy day and that they probably have 200,000 iPhones to deliver in the San Diego area, but it's not really acceptable. It was supposed to be delivered at 10:30 am.

I've had people disrupt their plans and day to wait for me to sign for the damn thing. I feel like UPS should have some sort of idea of capacity for delivery and not take on operations that are over their heads.

Am I just being an impatient baby? Go ahead troll...

2. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i'd have been on the phone screming at UPS hours ago and many times since if i didn't have my phone!! i'm not very patient, though!

my ups driver came about an hour later than usual and i was pulling my hair out!

3. baseballsd24 macrumors newbie

I live in Poway and got mine around 11 from Fedex. Hopefully your phone comes tomorrow

4. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

If I were you, I would be saying WTF.....

But remember something: you are more important that this, don't take it personal. Don't get caught up in the hype....it's all hype. For without the intrepid human spirit, there would be no reason for such devices....they exist because of you, not you for them...

5. 1080p, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

So glad I didn't have to put up with this crap. Got mine at 9:15am and got to enjoy the rest of my day. Even went to a few stores case shopping and picked up a nice Speck Candyshell case.

6. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

I ordered 2 phones. One came at 10am but the other never came. I called at 10pm asking wtf is going on.. The guy said they're running late because of all the iPhone shipments. Midnight came and I called again... Going to be delivered tomorrow. Such bs

7. Robb. macrumors member

8. schizbomb macrumors 6502

9. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

ehh is it really an issue? You didnt pay for shipping and well **** happens...

You could have been sitting in line with me at 10pm Thursday night to get my 5 on Friday morning just to rectify ATT screwing up my preorder earlier in the week.. **** happens lol

10. TennisandMusic

Dude, did you get yours? It's 11:50 and mine STILL says "out for delivery" and I am in San Diego as well. What ticks me off the most is I took a day off of work to make sure I could sign for the package, and not just have it sitting on my door.

I know it's kind of a luxury problem, but I agree, this is completely unacceptable. It's just not how you conduct any sort of business. Mine also said it was to be delivered by 10:30AM. Kind of a crock.

11. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

The point is.. I had to take the day off to be home for the delivery. I don't trust leaving the pre signed form and ups leaving the packages there all day. It's a major inconvenience since they're telling me delivery could be at any time tomorrow as well. My phone got delivered and I'm using it, the missing phone is my fiance's but I'm still pissed because of the situation I was put in.

12. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I'd be super angry too.

I had "Delivery by 10:30 AM" on my tracking info. Live in the LA Valley.

9:48 AM the driver shows up in a rush. Said his truck was FULL of iPhones that had to be delivered by 10:30 AM. (I gave him a Coke, a hi-5 and a GL.)

I know they're working super hard but you got screwed. If I were you I would have been calling every 15 minutes after 10:30-11:00 AM. (Maybe you were.)

Sorry this happened but I know for sure they're delivering iPhones Saturday for those who missed Friday.

GL!! :)

13. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil