iPad Pro 10.5” IPP Display

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nburwell, May 23, 2018.

1. nburwell, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018

nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

F1003F2B-040D-4EC3-9667-40A738BB7402.jpeg

I’ve had my iPad since December 2017. Today I just noticed an issue with the display (see attachment). I’m going to be out of town for the holiday weekend, but will be scheduling a Genius appointment next weekend.

My question is that I’m assuming this will be covered under warranty (warranty is good until December 2018). But will Apple fix the display? Or will they replace the device with a refurbished model?

Just looking to see what others have experienced in this situation.

2. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

Looks like some kind of pressure point. Is the device slightly bent? If it’s not very noticeably damaged they’ll probably exchange it.

3. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Common issue. I just got mine replaced under warranty. No questions asked. Some of the display models at the apple store had exactly the same spots!

4. nburwell thread starter macrumors 68040

nburwell

That’s what I thought at first (pressure point). It’s not bent at all, hence why I thought it was weird.

5. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

Yeah, seems to be some quality control issues with the 10.5" Pros. I had mine replaced after about a month last summer because the lightning port shorted out. Was using the cable/charger that came with it and everything. Never had that happen before and I've owned quite a few iOS devices. The iPad also seemed like it had a slight bend to it when I laid it flat. Haven't noticed that after many months of use with my replacement. IDK if they're using different manufacturers or what.

6. Radon87000 macrumors 604

Had the same issue when I got a 12.9 Pro on launch day. Got it exchanged.

7. PhoneMe1 Suspended

PhoneMe1

I have a 10.5 pro the same i am going to sell so will have to swap first.

8. Sunshoopa macrumors regular

Sunshoopa

Have the same issue on my 10.5, but in the middle about 2” above the home button. I contacted Apple and gonna have it sent in. They suggested bringing it into an Apple retailer as I guess it’d be easier to show them, but I don’t have one near by.

9. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

Had a similar issue, turns out mine was slightly bent ... seems as they are thin enough to where it can get a slight bend in it ... it was exchanged no issues though