10.5.2 Airport Issues that didn't exist in 10.5.1 or 10.5.0

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mike12806, Feb 20, 2008.

1. mike12806 macrumors 6502

Okay...so I had a rock steady airport wireless N connection in 10.5.0 and 10.5.1, I have an AEBS acting as a wireless bridge to my linksys wrv200 vpn/router. Now, I get airport dropouts a few times a day! Why did Apple break my perfectly fine working airport in 10.5.2?!?!?!?! :mad::mad:

2. glennbkr1 macrumors newbie

Hey at least you cna GET connected to wiFi. I had no problems with WiFi access to a unsecure community network in my condo complex, and now not only can't I connect, but when I got through network diagnostics it is asking me to enter a WEP password. (MY iphone and a PC Laptop for work, both can just click on the site and boom they are connected. I deleted the network profile on both of those computers to see if a keychain got screwed up or something, but nope. They can get onto the site, with no password). I had no problems with 10.5 or 10.5.1 either.

The condo people aren't exactly helpful since they have no idea what I am talking about. And the online apple support, phone support and their "Genius bar" people haven't figured it out either.

Gonna have to go buya less buggy Vista machine or something I guess...heheh

3. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

step one, take a valium.

step two, have you turned off your routers wireless?

step three, do you have auto channel turned on for your AEBS + signal integrity?

step four, how far are you from your base station?

4. mike12806 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha, I guess looking back I did seem a little teed off! After rebooting both routers/ bridge, playing around with channels and other stuff, I realized that my AEBS was set to N only 5 Ghz mode, which had been working fine before.When I switched it to N only 2.4 Ghz and set an automatic channel, it hasn't dropped since. I had avoided this, because the linksys is a 2.4 Ghz box, and I wanted minimal interference. But as long as they're on different channels, I think I might be okay. I really think it is 10.5.2 related though, as I really had never had an airport dropout prior to the update. FINGERS CROSSED! ;)

5. Viremia macrumors regular

Well, because I'm selfish and inconsiderate, I am happy they ruined your wifi. Why? Because they fixed mine (and many others). ;)

But seriously, I wish Apple would just fix all the wifi problems they've been creating. I experienced constant dropouts in Tiger after the Airport-2007-004 update that was released to fix the wifi issues they introduced in 10.4.10, which didn't ruin my wifi. The problems persisted into Leopard and have only been fixed with 10.5.2.

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Gotta say im with you on this one,way back into tiger nothing but dropouts,then leopard & now
    10.5.2 not one (so far)

7. AtHomeBoy_2000 macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

Prior to 10.5.2, my wireless on my MacBook never had a problem with 802.11b network at home. Now, my wireless connection drops out LITERALLY every 3-4 minutes. It rescans for about 30 seconds to a minute, sometimes longer, then reconnects.

Can anyone give me a fix? Or is this common? This laptop is worthless to me without wireless at home.