10/6/17: New Bunch of Refurbished Apple Watches on Apple.com

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BC2009, Oct 6, 2017.

?

Do you think Apple should bring back Gold and Rose Gold?

1. No, I prefer the new "Blush Gold" and like the simplified line-up

2. Yes, regardless of my preference, more choice is better

3. Yes, I prefer the old Gold & Rose Gold options to the single "Blush Gold" option

4. No, I think Apple should only do two colors like with iPhone X

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BC2009 macrumors 68000

BC2009

PSA:

If you are looking to pickup a refurbished Series 1 or the now-discontinued Series 2 Apple Watch, Apple has just unleashed a whole bunch of available models on their Refurbished and Clearance section of Apple Store.

The big thing here is that the Rose Gold color was discontinued in Series 3. Now you have to go with a color that is less pink and more gold. This is not ideal if you own a Rose Gold iPhone 7 or 6s Plus that you would like your watch to match. My wife does not like the new gold color and owns no gold jewelry, but loves her Rose Gold Apple Watch Sport and Rose Gold iPhone 7 Plus.

I've been looking to pickup a Rose Gold Series 2 for her ever since I noticed that the color was discontinued. Used ones are going for over $300 on eBay and retailers that had any left were not discounting them (some selling them for as much as an Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE). The Rose Gold Series 1 is more common now, but if you are going to buy the last generation Apple Watch for the color, you might want to get the swim proofing and GPS so you are not 1.5 generations behind.

I've noticed Apple has cut back on color choices considerably in this new generation of iPhone and Apple Watch. The iPhone 7/7 Plus come in 5 color options while the iPhone 8/8 Plus come in 3 color options and the iPhone X coming in only 2 color options.

Personally, I think the new Gold color is too pink for some people's taste (I would have bought the previous gold finish if it had a black front face on the phone, but not the new one). I also find that the new gold color is not pink enough for some people's taste (my wife is one of those people who is not into "gold", but liked the "rose gold"). Tell me what you think the poll up above....

2. BC2009 thread starter macrumors 68000

BC2009

That didn't last long..... The Rose Gold 38mm Series 2 Apple Watches are now all sold out. Only 42mm Series 2 and 38mm Series 1 remain for Rose Gold.

3. WLS macrumors 65816

Prices are not that great either $469 for a refurbished Series 2 SBSS 42mm versus Best buy's $395 price for a new open box one.

4. Kyle4 macrumors 6502

I'm seriously considering returning my Space Grey Series 3 Cellular and just buying a refurb Space Black S2 for $20 more. I went from an aluminum SG and I don't notice a huge speed increase and don't have much use for cellular.