10.7.5 update - monitor flicker. Anyone else having trouble?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by armoorefam, Oct 2, 2012.

1. armoorefam macrumors newbie

I installed the 10.7.5 update last night and when the restart completed one of my monitors has a screen flicker/vibration. My dual widescreen Acers differ in that one is on a Thunderbolt connection which is the one now having problems. It could just be coincidence that the timing of the new jitter hit right after the update.

Anyone else having a Thunderbolt connected monitor flicker right after the update? I will be swapping monitors between the Thunderbolt and non-Thunderbolt connections after classes today (10 back to back class hours today, whew!) to see if it is connection or monitor specific, but I wanted to get the 'others having issues too' check on the way so I might have that valuable information by the time I get free enough to try fixing it this evening.

Mac Mini (bought in December) running Lion

2. MacKurt, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012

MacKurt macrumors newbie

I've been having the same problem after the last update. The problem on my macmini appears to be on the HDMI port only. My Thunderbolt port still is flicker-free. What gives? Also, I have multiple monitors and swapped them out, definitely not the monitor, it's the macmini, after the latest Lion update (I'm also now on 10.7.5).

One other wierd thing that happened at the exact same time, my desktop icons all reset their location, all on top of each other on the top left of the screen. I tried a PROM reset (reset holding down cmd+option+P+R), so that might have been the cause of the icon trouble. Incidentally, the reset did not help the flicker.

If this is happening only on systems that have been used with dual monitor configurations, perhaps only the primary monitor driver has the issue (or just the secondary?), which could be why the problem occurs on either physical display port. Just a thought.