10 am Walk in policy?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by izzisdashiz, Jun 22, 2010.

1. izzisdashiz macrumors member

So, I am visiting Las Vegas and went to the Apple store at the Forum Shops inside Caesar's Palace. I was told that even though the shops open at 6am, and the Apple Store opens at 7am on the 24th, that they would not allow walk ins to get phones until 10am. Can anybody else confirm this? I'm hoping that is a store policy and not a nationwide Apple policy. The store did say that they would have two separate lines: a reservation line and then a walk in line. Doesn't make sense to have a line assemble for four hours and just let them stand there. If that is the case, then I'm just gonna try an AT&T store on the 29th. Best of luck everybody! Almost 24 hours away!

2. LethalUK macrumors member

Possibly so that they can process most of the people with reservations before starting with the people without? After all, it wouldn't be fair if they had lots of spare units and started letting people just walk in and buy one, with people in the reservation line having to wait.

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

4. dnabb macrumors newbie

10am walk in

I was told 10am by the Galleria mall in Fort Lauderdale.

5. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

Yep, 10am in California as well but things always change in the last minute. I planned my waiting time with these 3 additional hours so I have no problem with it.

6. izzisdashiz thread starter macrumors member

One of the stores in Vegas said they didn't have anything like that planned so I think I'm going to head over there. Don't wanna be stuck 6 hrs at the store my last day in Vegas!