$10 for anyone who can tell me what is wrong with my "Mail"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arcsbite, Jul 12, 2008.

1. arcsbite Guest

I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to find answers, So I've decided that if anyone can answer them I will gladly paypal them $10 ($5 per question solved)

I'm having 2 issues with my Mail...

[​IMG]

1. I have my mail (Imap) set up with my main inbox (me.com) and sub mailboxes/folders with rules applied.
    so when I get an email from a friend, rules will move this email into my "Friends and Family" mailbox/folder
    The thing is, when it moves the email, even though the email is "unread" and show as unread, my iPhone will not pick it up.
    My iPhone will pick everything up that is in my inbox, but not anything that is in a sub folder, so If I leave my mac on and mail open all day I only get mails that do not get moved to a sub folder. Why is this? how can I fix it?
    All I want is my email organised on my mac, but to still be able to pick it up on my iPhone

[​IMG]

2. For some reason my mail dock icon is saying I have 2 emails, but I don't!
    I've been through my inbox and all my sub files, including junk and there is not a single new mail in there, anyone know why it's doing this and how to correct it?

it's driving me completely insane.....anyone?

2. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

Oooh money :p

1st question - not sure. I don't have an iPhone (I'll gladly accept an iPhone along with the $10 :D)
    EDIT - just looked in mail. You could try changing the rule to 'copy messages to' instead of 'move' so they're kept in the inbox.
    2nd question - under mail preferences, which account have you got selected under 'Dock unread count' (under general)
    Make sure it's set to the right inbox.

Hope this helps :)