10 militants blown up while making an IED inside a mosque in Ghazni

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Apr 26, 2016.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Well Allah has finally spoken and said not that crap off. no virgins for you.
    https://www.khaama.com/10-militants...urce=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

If ever there was a time for someone with a cellphone camera.

3. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'm not sure if it says more about my lack of knowledge of southwest Asian geography; or the breadth of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism - but I had to go online to find out where Ghazni was. (Turns out its in east-central Afghanistan.)

Bit of a sad commentary that (at least in my mind) Ghazni could have been anywhere from Libya or Tunisia; to Chechnya or Pakistan. Then again, with the Taliban starting their 2016 summer offensive, Afghanistan would probably have been the safest bet.

4. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

so the Mosque's allow them to build bombs there? bomb the Mosque's.

7. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Hoisted with his own petard...figuratively and literally.

8. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

Allah is a fickle master just like God. Sometimes he let's you play stupid games sometimes he let's you win stupid prizes.

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

11. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

A few years ago, in Kabul, a would be suicide bomber accidentally detonated his device on himself while he was adjusting the burka he had donned at the house where he was staying, prior to heading out to do what he had planned to do.

More seriously, bombs and IEDs, in mosques, and indeed, homes are not an unknown occurrence, but this does not remotely mean that the practice is condoned.

A genuinely tragic murder occurred in a mosque in autumn 2013, when Arsala Jamal, the very impressive, highly competent, and newly appointed Governor of Logar Province, (whose previous record as Governor in Khost had been outstanding) was using the platform afforded by a mosque to brief the congregation and some local worthies on his plans for the region, sketching out his intention to set about reopening the local copper mine (the second largest on the planet) with Chinese financial support, and thereby provide employment opportunities, and regular salaries for the devastated region.

A bomb - hidden, or triggered in either the Koran which lay on the rostrum, or the microphone, - killed him as he addressed .

12. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

It sure wasn't "Hold my beer and watch this."

14. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Until the leaders of the so-called religion of peace stop this behavior, the jihad will never end.

15. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

No it was God is great God did not listen.

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide