10 militants blown up while making an IED inside a mosque in Ghazni

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Well Allah has finally spoken and said not that crap off. no virgins for you.
https://www.khaama.com/10-militants-blown-up-while-making-an-ied-inside-a-mosque-in-ghazni-0725?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link
At least 10 militants were blown up by their own explosives as they were busy making an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in southeastern Ghazni province.

According to the security officials, the militants were busy making the IED inside a mosque in Andar district.

The officials further added that the explosives went off prematurely, leaving all 10 militants dead.

The anti-government armed militant groups have not commented regarding the report so far.

The Taliban insurgents and militants belonging to the other insurgent groups are frequently using Improvised Explosive Device (IED) as the weapon of their choice to target the security forces.

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
I'm not sure if it says more about my lack of knowledge of southwest Asian geography; or the breadth of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism - but I had to go online to find out where Ghazni was. (Turns out its in east-central Afghanistan.)

Bit of a sad commentary that (at least in my mind) Ghazni could have been anywhere from Libya or Tunisia; to Chechnya or Pakistan. Then again, with the Taliban starting their 2016 summer offensive, Afghanistan would probably have been the safest bet.

Reactions: Jess13

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
A few years ago, in Kabul, a would be suicide bomber accidentally detonated his device on himself while he was adjusting the burka he had donned at the house where he was staying, prior to heading out to do what he had planned to do.

More seriously, bombs and IEDs, in mosques, and indeed, homes are not an unknown occurrence, but this does not remotely mean that the practice is condoned.

A genuinely tragic murder occurred in a mosque in autumn 2013, when Arsala Jamal, the very impressive, highly competent, and newly appointed Governor of Logar Province, (whose previous record as Governor in Khost had been outstanding) was using the platform afforded by a mosque to brief the congregation and some local worthies on his plans for the region, sketching out his intention to set about reopening the local copper mine (the second largest on the planet) with Chinese financial support, and thereby provide employment opportunities, and regular salaries for the devastated region.

A bomb - hidden, or triggered in either the Koran which lay on the rostrum, or the microphone, - killed him as he addressed .