10-Year Study Of More Than 650,000 People Releases Report On Measles Vaccine And Autism

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Mar 5, 2019.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/...tyESNJvMRQ-lcHGQNxRZmuUBH20Z9aravJTAe-3Giew9I
    sellouts,,,,,,,,,,,sellouts I say................................... :p

2. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Mad, this was declared at least 10 years ago over here lol. Despite it being proven a myth we had blogs written by people who had no medical qualifications flooding social media and gaining momentum among anti vax morons.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/family-to-receive-15m-plus-in-first-ever-vaccine-autism-court-award/

4. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

I remember the furore over it but it was all bollocks.

It annoyed me when my wife was pregnant as we had a measles outbreak and we had a campaign to try and get people vaccinated in our area. So many idiots were believing things that were being shared on Facebook rather than the advice of the NHS. It should be a requirement of every school to provide proof of vaccinations if it isn’t already.

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

are you implying facebook is NOT a reliable source of information? bollocks :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:p
    --- Post Merged, Mar 5, 2019 ---
    it's possible vaccines MAY trigger autism in some kids due to whatever reason.

6. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Americans eat the crappiest food and get the least exercise and are worried about vaccines that they get at most once a year causing autism?

7. Stella macrumors G3

Stella

This won't satisfy the Anti-vaxxer crowd. You can give them all the evidence you want, no matter how overwhelming, but they'll still rather believe some crock of **** Wakefield's 'research' back in 1998...

8. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Talking to a Anti-vaccine person is a lot like talking to a flat earther. Good luck!

9. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Yes, both fall into the category of what I like to call: aggressively stupid.

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

ARE you implying the earth is not flat? :mad::mad::mad: you know there are earth flatters all around the globe my friend :D

11. Zenithal macrumors 604

I think anti-vaxxers should be physically castrated, but alas, I don't rule the world.

12. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Love the logic of an anti vaxer though.

‘You can’t get autism if you die from polio’ lol.

13. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Yes, in the same way elephants, daffodil's, and meat loaf may cause autism due to whatever reason.

14. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Govt did settle a case. And up till now there is nothing else to blame autism on

15. Capeto macrumors regular

Capeto

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Personally I don't think children who weren't vaccinated should be allowed in public school and private institutions can make their own calls. Barring a medical condition that prevented them from receiving the vaccines, "because Jenny McCarthy said so" isn't a good enough reason. I think the one good thing from these outbreaks is states will start to impose such measures. If you don't want your kid to get the MMR shot then I guess you just signed up to home school them.

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

plenty of you put too much faith not only in your GOVT, but you are also ok with what the GOVT can dictate YOU forcibly inject into your body of that of your kids and that is dangerous.

18. VulchR, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019

VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

The samples sizes showing no autism arising from vaccination are huge. It would have been detected by now. Wakefield, the clown doctor that kicked this whole thing off, never declared that he had a conflict of interest, being involved in a lawsuit against vaccines. Oh, and he did not have ethical approval for his study. In spite of that, this is not even a case of bad unethical science. It's alleged fraud.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 6, 2019 ---
    Concerned about vaccines but not bullets.... seems a little out of balance.

19. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

GOVT clearly wasn't using peer reviewed science to settle that matter. And the second part of your statement is flat out wrong. Don't spread lies like that.

20. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

One of the governments jobs is to ensure the welfare of all. I'm not advocating for the government to forcibly inject anyone, clearly people have been free to make their decision. But like all decisions there can be consequences and one of them should be to block those kids from PUBLIC school. Most on here probably don't know what an iron lung is and that was a good thing until recently, now they might want to look one up and then decide if that's what they want to go back to.

21. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

I understand that the rise in autism is troubling, especially since we don't fully understand its causes. But that doesn't mean we go and blame it on the first thing we can. I might as well blame it on radiation from cell phone towers or on intake of processed foods.

22. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I support the kids being home schooled as long as the parents get a credit vouched equivalent to the cost of the schooling.

23. LordVic macrumors 603

you should always question government. But when the overwhelming evidence of 99.999999999999% of all doctors and scientists all say the same thing. You can take reasonable assurance that they're not just putting you on.

by all means, question. But don't be surprised if someone calls you out for repetitive refusal to accept evidence.

24. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I am vaccinated, my kids are vaccinated and Cthulhu willing my grand kinds will be vaccinated...........
    I will always advocate for freedom, even the freedom to refuse what you inject into your body or the bodies of your kids ......

25. StellarVixen macrumors 68000

StellarVixen

As a person with autism, I never believed vaccines are to blame.

Opinions of people who believe that vaccines cause autism are not grounded in reality. For them, this will change exactly nothing. They will shout "it's a study paid by Big Pharma", and turn away.