<100€ 2.1 Speakers to go with iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MoritzPH, Sep 28, 2011.

1. MoritzPH, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

MoritzPH macrumors newbie

Yeah, looking for some 2.1 Speakers to go with my iMac mostly for listening to music.
    The Problem is that I have no clue what so ever about speakers, so I need your help. :)
    The system should not cost more than 100€ though, as I think anything thats more expensive is too much just for "listening to music".

Although there might be a difference in how much speakers cost in different countrys: 100€ is approximately 140$ and 90£ (Just so nobody has to look it up).

I'd like to thank you in advance for your help, I really appreciate it! :)

2. MoritzPH thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

I doubt anything in the price range you're indicating will be substantially better than the built-in speakers of your iMac. Speakers are (within reason) very much a case of "you get what you pay for", and low-end stuff is almost universally nothing short of utter crap.

If you want good performance while listening to music you get MUCH better value for money sinking your hundred euros into a pair of decent headphones instead.

(Btw, I would expect forum moderators to frown at bumping threads, it's usually seen as bad behavior. Especially when just a few hours has passed. ;))

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Are You US Or UK Based?

There are plenty of 2.1's around, but they aren't going to be great. In the UK you can pick stuff up for around the £25 mark that's "OK" but just ok and not great.

The internal speakers on my iMac surprised me....Great for listening at night when "Crank it up" is not an option.

There is a lot to be said for buying a low end DTS system and a means of streaming it (ATV works a treat) These can be picked up UK for under £100 so I'm guessing if you are USA based cheaper still.

I use a Pioneer 7.1 which is way out of your budget, but of course I use it for work so It's tax deductible

I'd google from your location and see what's around....Or if you want to chance it Ebay.

5. Kashika macrumors regular

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Bose

Are good, and thats a damn good price. Link?

7. Rogersamtec macrumors newbie

<100€ 2.1 Speakers to go with iMac

Looking at buying a mp3 player with speakers,Click here for the best prices.Balloon speaker store offer low prices on mini speaker.

Portable speaker