$100,000 bounty for anti-Islam filmmaker

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FrankieTDouglas, Sep 23, 2012.

1. FrankieTDouglas, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...-on-anti-Islam-filmmaker/Article1-934424.aspx

I think he's slightly confused, though I'm glad he at least acknowledges that the Western world has freedom of expression. Now if he can just comprehend what that means.

2. AnimaLeo macrumors 6502

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, I saw this this morning and thought, "Great. Just what the situation needed." :rolleyes:

Well, maybe the filmmaker can call up Salman Rushdie and get some tips about hiding out.

4. Fazzy macrumors 6502

Or just the secret services guys who hid him?

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If they were truly confident in their beliefs, then they wouldn't feel so threatened by what a single man puts in a movie.

6. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I heard he's living in NYC and goes by the name Sal Bass.

7. Andeavor macrumors 6502

Now somebody must make a parody short film with a womanizing Pakistani minister spending his gambling money on hitmen.

8. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

The USA should cut off all aid to all that hate us..

9. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

But what would the Republican Party do then?

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Part of me still thinks we should just nuke the entire middle east. If they want to continue to live with their stone age beliefs, then lets send them back there. :D

11. eric/ Guest

eric/

huh?

12. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

What a crappy thing to say.

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

That's what happens when you think with your ... *ahem* ... "parts".

14. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Not all middle easterns are Islamics though :rolleyes:
    That is the same way of thinking that all Hispanics are Mexican.

15. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

No, the only crappy thing here is these people's inability to grasp the fact that we don't live in the 15th century anymore.

16. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

Don't worry, us stupid Brits are still dishing out LOADS of money to them

Religion, all pointless nonsense that people are willing to kill for :(

17. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

They don't they just have strong religious beliefs. Anyway what harm does it do to you if they do, just don't insult them and their beliefs and everything should be fine.

18. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

Well I guess this is one way to do it since they don't have drones to take out people who say things they don't like.

19. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I agree. If Christopher Stevens hadn't insulted them, they wouldn't have murdered him and the three others.

Oh, wait.

20. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

Glol! If only that were the case
    Live and let live? Not possible because the disapprove of the western lifestyle and they insist we all live by their rules and laws

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So because one government minister is a total moron (and the rest of the government is spineless for not sacking him) then we should cut off all aid?

It looks like we are doing good work in Pakistan.

22. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

How are they insisting that people in the west live by their rules? This video was made to poke at them and they are waiting on anything to start a fight.

23. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Nobody in the World Trade Center did anything to "insult them and their beliefs", but that didn't stop these animals from flying jumbo jets in to the towers.

The quote in the OP about freedom of expression speaks volumes IMO. These people don't understand anything but killing everything and everyone that disagrees with them. It's not like we can sit down and have serious talks or negotiations with these people.

I see videos all of the time that I don't agree with or that might contain something that insults me. Hell, I'm stuck watching all these damn Romney advertisements on a daily basis. But that doesn't mean I go out and launch rockets at a ****ing embassy or try to put a hit out on the people who make the Romney commercials.

24. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

It seems pretty obvious to me that muslims themselves are not the problem. After all, there are at least a billion of them, most of whom are not going off on a raging fatwa jihad every other day, or even particularly paying much attention to the idiots trying to poke them with a stick. Problems originate with the religious leaders, the mullahs, preachers, rabbis, etc. Delivering a divine message to any large group ought to be a crime. Your relationship with (or without) your deity needs to be a personal concern, like your sexual or bowel habits, not a matter for public consumption. We just need a worldwide standard for imprisoning all the holy men for life so that the rest of us can get on with our lives in relative peace.

25. FrankieTDouglas thread starter macrumors 65816

What harm does it do to me if they have strong religious beliefs? Uhh...obviously, potentially their beliefs can lead to the greatest harm to me.