100 Days — A Ridiculous Standard for a Ridiculous President

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Apr 21, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

This was my favorite reply thread (I posted in the trump humor post)

internet_win.png

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

not sure if he will learn his words don't go away and they have meaning and he will be held accountable.

3. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

4. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I don't think he himself believes half the crap he tweets about, rather it's done more for showmanship. Four months in and people are already desensitized to his crazy rants and antics.

5. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Dear President Trump:

You still don't have a confirmed Secretary of Agriculture. Or an Ambassador to Britain. Or France.

Your first major Executive Orders were badly thought-out, incredibly poorly-executed pieces of reckless, time-wasting bigotry. Orders that have done - and will do - precisely nothing to address Radical Islamic Terrorism. While slashing (highly profitable) middle east tourism to the United States by more than 30%.

You still don't know how to tie a necktie. Your wife hates you. So does considerably more than half the country. You've managed to waste the best part of half a billion dollars of taxpayer money playing golf and flying to Florida. At the same time you came up with a budget that eliminated the funding for Meals On Wheels.

You can't even do an Easter Egg Roll halfway decently. And your idea of bringing class and style to the White House is Sarah Palin and Ted Nugent.

Shut up with the Twittering. Start reading those Briefing Books they bring you every day.

And get to work.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't think he remembers from one day to the next what he's tweeted.

7. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

upload_2017-4-21_16-2-22.png

Why on earth would the media hold him to the 100 days standard?

8. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Why the F does he care, then???

9. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Because so far, this has been his presidency:

[​IMG]

10. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh. Now you're just being mean. ;)

11. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

An update & the policy plan for the 1st 100 days from Nov 2016.

12. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Between him and Jeff Sessions' outburst yesterday, it's like watching two old fuddy duddy's in the skin of an ancient tortoise gunning to be class presiden... I mean class clown.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Gee, if only there were a way to scroll back or search tweets. It's so....complicated. Who knew? :D

This so-called president sure likes to move the goalpost around to suit him. He criticizes the NYT as failing media, but then rushes to this so called failing thing to give interviews to it. He says he will release his taxes, but then of course never does. He moves on from healthcare, but then when the blowback gets too much claims they are reworking it and it will get passed "soon". Criticizes Obama for being out on the course, but then is out on the course more himself than Obama ever was...Obama didn't even start golfing until April in his first year. Trump was doing it the first weekend! On and on it goes with this man.

And now he says he has done more than anyone else in 90 days, but by the end of the week the 100 day benchmark that he himself subscribed to, is all of a sudden "ridiculous".

The man is pathetic.

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Actually, sometimes I don't so. He's a billionaire, most powerful man in the world.. I think the pathetic ones are the ones who voted him in and still support him.

Ok, he's pathetic too.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I think he's pathetic because he has all these resources at his disposal yet they still can't keep track of an aircraft carrier and despite his many years on this earth and getting his news from the shows, he still doesn't know basic stuff about much of the world. It's total on the job training, when it shouldn't be at all.

Also pathetic because he has the same few catch phrases over and over again: "it's a great honor", "believe me", "big league". The guy needs to get out of the bubble he has apparently been living in all these decades and mix it up a little. Expand that vocabulary!

16. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

I thought he was a newspaper guy? :D

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

18. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

He can't even get voted in as a mod.

19. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Still better than Trump!
    I vote.

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

not born in the us. He is immigrant that does not want immigration.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

At least he hasn't found the nuclear codes yet.

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

As my beloved Kissinger once said, the day that candidates and presidents elect will stop talking about the stupid first 100 days will also be one of the greatest days in US history.

23. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Do you think things are going to get better? In the next hundred days? The next thousand?

Donald Trump has no idea how to be President. He cobbled together a ridiculous campaign platform built on building a wall; keeping Mooslims out of America; and talking tough to the Chinese. Oh, and about a thousand other ridiculous lies.

He has very little in common with the Republicans in Congress. The Democrats might, possibly, be charmed into working with him. But Donald Trump is incapable of charming anyone.

Healthcare is going nowhere. He hasn't even started on tax reform. He's barely filled a fraction of the important jobs that are needed to implement a competent administrative agenda. And his "infrastructure" plan is a non-existent idea woven around tax credits.

Tell me how this is going to end well?

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I don't have a crystal ball, and I don't have access to what happens behind the scenes.

But let me tell you one thing, you say that he built a "ridiculous" campaign. Well, he won, so it wasn't that ridiculous. The goal was accomplished.
    Now, am I all happy about his first days? Nah. As I wasn't happy about the person I supported before him (Obama), and the one before (Bush II).
    Am I going to cry about it? Nah. It's normal, and only a naive individual would think - ever - that campaign promises are kept during governing. The only thing I give to your argument, is that Trump has no government experience and yes, he caused a bit more mayhem than usual; however, I notice improvements in his governing style. I think I said it after he won, I expect him to learn and end much better than he began. That's what he's good at. We will see in 2020 who's right an who's wrong.