$100 reward for people who can help me set up Quadro FX4500x2

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by xlight63, Jul 20, 2009.

1. xlight63 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I know this topic maybe sounds stupid to some people and not so many people have ever done this before but that's really the only way I can think of right now.

I have a late 2007 Mac Pro Quad and another new Hackintosh PC (two Xeon quad) runs 10.5.7 OSX. I just got a PNY Quadro FX4500x2 card which is so unbelievable awesome when I run it in the windows Vista 64bit. Now I want to put this monster in my OSX system. However, no matter how hard I tried it just doesn't work. I know there are people who has similar cards such as 7950GX2 or 9800GX2 had successfully installed and enabled QE/CI, so there must be a way to make my Quadro FX be able to seem in the OSX.

Basically Quadro FX4500x2 is G70 card which is very very similar to 7950GX2, that's what I know now. Because I need this card for my job and I have spent too much time on it, I really don't have any more time to deal with it..........I decide to post a reward to whoever help me successfully set up this card. Whether using EFI, GFX string or any way to do it.

I will send $100 USD through my paypal account. Whether you want to believe or not, I am honest people. I do what I said.

Please ask questions or let me know if people who are interest in helping me and I will give you the detail you want to know

thank you so much

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. MacVidCards Suspended

not gonna happen the way you want

If you read the posts with 9800GX2 and 4870X2 you will see that in OSX you only get 1 core at a time....no acceleration from second one.

So what you have there is a 7800GTX basically.

Not a very fast card in today's world...closer to the ATI X1900XT.

The linking function that happens (SLi or Crossfire) is supported in software...software that runs in WIndows.

Have you tried running it in slot 1 with a 7300 in slot 2 or 3?

That trick sometimes works with 7800GTs with PC BIOS.

4. netkas macrumors 65816

you need 7300gt macpro card in second pcie slot (with no less than 4x pcie lines),
    quadro4500x2 in first pcie slot

and aty_init kext installed - http://rapidshare.de/files/47855063/ATY_Init.kext.zip.html

if system will freeze right before gui should appears, then it means u need to edit bios of card for 512mb support in osx, which isnt any easy

5. xlight63 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you real Netkas? Wow, can not believe I can get the legend Netkas post the reply here. ATY works great with my other card but I will give it a try with my FX4500

thanks, and with my full respect