1. AhmedFaisal, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
  2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What you missed Ahmed, is that the radical Tea Party candidates lost. With the exception of Rand Paul, extremists were sent packing. The rest were pretty much your run of the mill Republicans.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well then, you also should not ignore the fact that the more centrist Dems lost, while the more radical ones kept their jobs. If the point you're trying to make is that the country is becoming more polarized, I agree 100%.

4. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Very interesting analysis, Ahmed. Well done, thanks for the information and for putting the time in. The real question is how much lasting power the Tea Party will have, and the impact they'll continue to have during the next two years of governance and into the 2012 elections. Here's to hoping they challenge the establishment Republicans in some truly substantial ways in the next two years.

P.S. Don't listen to Lee, he has a pre determined view of what happened and he's simply doing whatever possible to crap on anything that conflicts with this view while over amplifying anything that does not.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's been gone for a very long time. Many people don't care about doing the right thing or the thing that works. They only care about their ideology, even if it has been proven not to work repeatedly- like trickle down economics.

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Would you mind explaining how you segregated "tea party" candidates from republican candidates? Was it certain policy viewpoints? Was it endorsement by an organized party or individual or fundraising entity? Was it merely a label that some adopted?

I ask because Sarah Palin endorsed various candidates regardless of tea party labels, backers or funding. In some races, she endorced the mainstream republican, and in others, she endorced people like O'Donnell, a person with the tea party label, backing and funding.

In addition, every tea party candidate ran as a republican, while some republicans ran as independents.

7. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Oh believe me... I know where you stand. :)
    And thank you for being honest enough not to polish the turd.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I wasn't trying to polish the turd, I was just maybe trying to be as nice about it as possible.

As for fivepoint's ridiculous post, he should not wonder why i have him on ignore when he makes such BS claims about me.

9. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

Indeed.....how will the Tea Party types perform?

2 Years from now, will we see a new crop of Tea Partiers announcing that they're really the "true conservatives" and that this year's crop are just a bunch of LINOs?

One thing that's been impressive about the republicans during the Obama presidency is how effective party discipline has been in congress. Will the Tea Party heros buck that? or fall into line?

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Christine O'Donnell was already down about 15-20 points in the polls before the witch footage came out. She was just plain ***** crazy. The witch footage didn't help her, but it didn't sink her, she was already sunk.

11. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I think it would be good if the Tea Party were a separate party rather than a faction of the GOP. Although, their steam will fade if any type of Republican wins in 2012.