11 Charged in Disability Fraud Plot

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, Oct 29, 2011.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

New York Times

Shameful. OWS should head over their doorstep as well.

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

"Fast Guido" can solve this problem, for a special rate of $10,000 per shell.

Cheap at 10 times the price. :p

3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Did you read the original expose? It was pretty fascinating especially the bit about how railroad workers get special treatment across the board. If I recollect, the LIRR owns a golf course for its employees and retirees.

Germany went through a pretty rough period in the 70s with its unions and one of the more brilliant ideas that came about was putting a union member on each company's board of directors. That would help tremendously here in the US because there's way too much of an Us vs Them attitude and such an attitude only serves the very wealthy.

4. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I don't understand the comment about OWS. Do you honestly think that the protestors in Zucotti Park support this kind of abuse? The problem here isn't unions or their contracts, but just simple fraud.

Also, of note, the story came from investigative reporting by the New York Times, something that many conservatives should remember when they argue for the paper's liberalism —*the paper used its resources to find fraud by union members.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I hope they all get to retire to a nice federal prison.

6. samiwas macrumors 65816

I was wondering the same thing last night when I read this thread. Is the OP suggesting that OWS or "liberals" support fraud, if it's against the big guys? Fraud is fraud, and it's never supported.

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Amen... And they have to pay back.....

8. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I thought the OWS were protesting people getting rich off the back of others unfairly. I believe this would qualify.

9. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

thats only the peak of the iceberg , dont let them look deeper in the system they might discover millions across your country and thats a optimistic estimate,
    its like in the UK where 2.6m adults of working age are unfit for any form of work and claim incapacity benefits , the Government estimates here that more then 2/3 would not qualify for the full benefits as they could work to some degree , and its in every country with some sort of social system the same , it gets abused , and the majority of those fraudsters are people who would not even need the benefits to live . Its like with all benefits , there are people with £50000 per annum income and more , but they claim child tax credits , or working tax credits for their wifes and get away with it
    But they all have good teachers , our politicians , who claim money for things they could easy afford from their income like housekeepers , mortgages, second homes , cheap holidays on taxpayers cost .

ok sometimes they sacrifice a couple of them who need to pay back something ,to keep the voters happy .
    but those politicians still are entitled to their pension so they dont lose anything really same for the other fraudsters usually they just pay back what they have taken thats it
    Its like those Bankers who need Taxpayers money to rescue their Bank and then they pay themself from that rescue money bonuses , ok because its illegal they give those bonuses another name to make it look legal