11 or 13? Primarily used with TB Display..occassional in home as laptop

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jiholl, Jul 7, 2012.

1. jiholl macrumors member

So, here is my dilema...I am about to replace 4 year old MBP...want TB display with laptop to occassionally use around the house...so I am not sire if I should get 11 or 13? I mean, I love the idea of how small the 11 is and would look on the desk with the TB display...very sleek and taking up little room. I only occasionally would disconnect from TB display to use around house as laptop...so my thinking is why get the 13...seems both can be speced to be about the same power wise. Any thoughts...?? thanks

2. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

11 all the way, i feel its much more portable than the 13. Since you'll be plugging it into a TB monitor for the most part the screen size shouldn't be too big a deal.

I say 11!

3. fdz macrumors newbie

11" since you're going to use an external display most of the time anyway and the lower battery life is negligible if you mostly use it at home.

4. jeremyx macrumors member

Which one you would get if not for the TBD? Go with that. I'm not sure why having a TBD should affect to that decision. Obviously 11" is more portable and lighter, so If you need extreme portability over the more universal 13" you should get the 11" version. It's also cheaper.

I pondered with the same question and decided to go with the 13". When the MBA is connected to the TBD it's pretty much same which one it is. So think which you'd like to use when not using it as a desktop with the TBD. That's the question.

5. jiholl thread starter macrumors member

Thanks...I think this is the "right" answer...its just that the 11 seems so "cool" to be so small and have so much power...not a good decision maker of course...but its a factor.