11 yr rapes 76 yr old what is the world coming to

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
That is the most sad thing I've seen lately. Three of the boys friends watched! People are messed up, and growing up too fast. The sad thing is that the kid won't get punished as severely as he should, since he is a minor.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That is a very heinous crime. Where were the parents. When will parents ever wake up, they also need to be held responsible. At some point parents need to again take responsibility. This terrorism was going on for a week. Wonder why the 76 year old didn't call the parents or police. The 11 year old must have been well developed for his age. :( :eek: :eek:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Capt Underpants said:
That is the most sad thing I've seen lately. Three of the boys friends watched! People are messed up, and growing up too fast. The sad thing is that the kid won't get punished as severely as he should, since he is a minor.
Your post is an example of where parenting is required. Those boys should have grown up when I did. They would learn the use of a very vigorous spanking. No TV, just home from school, study, dinner, and bed. Should continue until full repentance of his act. All the boys should receive the same. Even if a juvenile trial, the record will be expunged prior to being a adult. If they are not straighten out and soon, they could end most of there adult lives in prison. All of them with there parent should visit the lady and apologize. They also need counseling.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
violence spawns violence to physically punish a child tells the child to keep not explore it's boundary, while it may work in the short term it is bad for the child.

i have never been physically punished nor told not to watch tv or anything really, treat a child like an adult and the child will become one, treat a child like a baby and it will cry for attention and missbehave the child here has been subject no doubt to a bad childhood and no amount of violence towards the child can fix that

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
nothing like clinical sociopaths. but does this really surprise people anymore? one interesting thing that it points out is how desensitized we are to "normal" rape - it takes something weird to make headlines.

rape is rape. that it was perpetrated by an 11 year old just means that the pathology is a little different. Tho probably not by much.

well, we've got 7 years before the kid is released...

paul

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
that kid is going to be seriously f***ed up when he gets out of jail

wowser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Inglaterra, Europa
Give him the chair? WHilst his crime is revolting, the kid is only 11 and clearly has deep mental problems. Also, someone said 'what is the world coming to' but i'm sure (rare as it still is now) this sort of crime would have happened many times over the last thousand years or so. Only then, it would have been hushed up, or ignored - easy top do without mass media.

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
People talk about how the country is crappy because of the President, war, etc...But NO, It's because of crap like this...and there's tons of of it. So sad.

Sadly, the kid has probably been raped and thus, did the same thing to this lady. Sick people out there.

wowser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Inglaterra, Europa
with a country so populated, you can hardly blame people like that for making it 'crap'. There amount of great Americans far outweighs the dreggs

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
wowser said:
I'll bet in 5 years time, he will realise just how horrendous his actions were.
I pray that he would realize sooner than that. Realization would lead to healing.

Like others mentioned at 11 years old, that was the last thing on my mind. My main activity was riding my bicycle with my cousin. They will need to look at family dynamics also.

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
This is coming from the mouth of a minor:

punishments for minors should be just as severe for a minor, whether it be a 17 year old or a 2 year old.

this might be one thing I talk about in a book I might write about the world of today through the eyes of a 15 year old.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
NusuniAdmin said:
...or a 2 year old....
I don't think a 2 year old would do somethint that severe. Yea I know, your just giving an example, lol ;)

I think it's really sad that those kids did this. I hope they get jail time and pay some hefty fines for their crude acts. I don't wanna sound nasty, but why the HECK would an 11 year old do this to a 76 year old lady? Something really screwing in the head.

nizz

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2004
north philly
Hector said:
violence spawns violence to physically punish a child tells the child to keep not explore it's boundary, while it may work in the short term it is bad for the child.

i have never been physically punished nor told not to watch tv or anything really, treat a child like an adult and the child will become one, treat a child like a baby and it will cry for attention and missbehave the child here has been subject no doubt to a bad childhood and no amount of violence towards the child can fix that
that kid is lucky he got caught by the police or his own parents. when i was 16, a 14 year old broke into my house and attempted to rob our valuables, problem was my mom saw him and he started beating her. I was upstairs and heard the screaming, came down and stabbed that bitc* He's not dead but im 100% sure he's physically and emotionally scarred. my point - people like me dont give a fu** about the kid. if some kid is raping ... letsay your grandmother, would you seriously sit there and think about how he had a tough childhoood or something, no, you'd kick his ass. im pretty sure theres people out there with guns in their homes ready to pull that trigger. those parents better start realizing the worst case scenario isn't juvy, but a straight up dead child.

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
nizz said:
that kid is lucky he got caught by the police or his own parents. when i was 16, a 14 year old broke into my house and attempted to rob our valuables, problem was my mom saw him and he started beating her. I was upstairs and heard the screaming, came down and stabbed that bitc* He's not dead but im 100% sure he's physically and emotionally scarred. my point - people like me dont give a fu** about the kid. if some kid is raping ... letsay your grandmother, would you seriously sit there and think about how he had a tough childhoood or something, no, you'd kick his ass. im pretty sure theres people out there with guns in their homes ready to pull that trigger. those parents better start realizing the worst case scenario isn't juvy, but a straight up dead child.
you serious? that's crazy. At first i was thinking what you did was over the top (if what you are saying is true) but i kept thinking and i would most likely do the same thing. i mean jeez, its my mom!