12:01 anyone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dave245, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Dave245 macrumors 68040

I was just wondering how many of you guys are planning (just like me :D ) to stay up tonight and order an iPhone 5S? (UK time). What colour and configuration are you planning on getting? i was thinking about the gold, 32GB version :) :apple:

2. iSimpsons macrumors regular

Bro, theres no need to stay up, the orders are starting at 8AM UK Time, look at the countdown on the front page :)

Yeah, I'll be ordering a 32GB Gold model along with the matching leather case! :D

3. macbd macrumors regular

Me! Except I'll be going to bed early because it will be 3:01 AM EDT for me.

4. Dave245 thread starter macrumors 68040

The front page counts down to its release in the US. Here in the UK orders start at 12:01 am BST, Apple sent an email with this on a couple of days ago.

And yea i was thinking about getting a leather case, just not sure how protective they will be with the iPhone and at £35 :eek:

5. camperdown9 macrumors regular

London, England & Chatillon-Sur-Seine, France
    Been up since 5am this morning so planning on going to bed and setting an alarm for midnight. OH won't be pleased!

Its either going to be 16gb in gold or space grey.

If I go with the gold handset i will get a brown leather case.

If I go with space grey it will be a red leather case.

6. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

Yep 12:01 too ordering Gold 64gb and next heading off to bed.

7. bobbytallant macrumors 6502

Do we think 12.01 orders (or there abouts lol) will be dispatched same day for delivery Monday? UPS don't usually deliver on Saturdays here in the UK for Apple. Although I think last year a different (non UPS) courier delivered my launch day iP5 actually.. I would be surprised if we got them any earlier than Monday anyway

8. Dave245 thread starter macrumors 68040

I'm not sure about this, the iPhone 5S will be the first time i have ordered an iPhone from :apple: i'm not to bothered as long as i get mine on or before the 30th. I'm not sure what the process is for iPhones. When i ordered my new iMac it took a few weeks 3-4 to be delivered.

9. bobbytallant macrumors 6502

I have pre ordered from Apple for the past 3 releases of their iPhones and they have always delivered on launch day. This year its different obviously with there being no pre-order (only way to get it on launch day is to queue up and get one in store). So yeah its new territory for an iPhone launch - I would assume what we will see beneath the iPhone 5S at 12.01 tonight will be 'ships within 24hrs' or something - so delivery Monday would be likely for the first batch of orders IMO!

10. Dave245 thread starter macrumors 68040

"ships in 24 hours" would be fantastic as i have not been expecting to receive it that quick. Have you always ordered online? if so what is it like? is it chaotic? i'm just wondering what my chances are of getting one within the first batch if i stay up tonight (like i plan to) :confused:

11. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

My new plan is to catch the midnight premiere of Prisoners, and then go set up camp at the Apple store.

12. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Bro, online pre-orders start at midnight in the UK. It was on an email a lot of us recieved from Apple.

13. bobbytallant macrumors 6502

Yeah theres a lot of traffic usually as you'd expect - last year from memory it was fine, you may need to resort to using the Apple store app on your phone as you can often get through and order 1 on there easier than their website..

It might not be as bad this year as other countries (the US etc) have a different release/launch time - so hopefully it won't be as chaotic!

14. Dave245 thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks for the heads up :) i've got express checkout setup on my Mac, that should make it easier. As long as i can be amoungst the first batch before they sell out its all good :D

15. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Talking with Verizon a few days ago, if Saturday deliver is available in your area, expect it Saturday.

16. Arni99 macrumors regular

I'll have a 64GB 5s shipped to UK (DHL) => AUSTRIA via Borderlinx.com :D!

17. bkribbs macrumors 65816

Hey, have you used the app store app before? If so, does the app auto update the page when the phone is able to be bought or do I have to reload the page myself?

18. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

I really doubt they will ship overnight. My expectation is online ordering starts process from shipping from china. If thats the case then it might be best to go to an APple store since you'll be awake anyway.

19. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

They will. They always do. Besides, it's the iphone.. That Apple still has control over. If they want their customers to have it the next day, they make it happen.

If it makes you feel any better, my ip5 from verizon was ovn and I ordered online. My ip4 and 4s on sprint were overnight ordered through sprint.

20. Guidwicz macrumors member

21. Dave245 thread starter macrumors 68040

Our UK site is still up looks like we wont get it first :( ah well as long as i can still order at 12:01 tonight i'm happy :)

22. Guidwicz macrumors member

Nahh..it's 1.00 am here in aus and they're still busy updating!!