12 hours... 3 Att phone calls later and Iphone 4 not activated...?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chhc, Jun 29, 2010.

1. chhc macrumors newbie

I have been "waiting for activation. This may take some time." for 12 hours and still no luck... At&t tells me that they recognize that I have an Iphone 4 in their system and it is just a matter of the wait game. Has anyone had this problem today...?

I know there were issues when people were getting there Iphone's early but I haven't read anyone experiencing problems today. Maybe I should have got it activated in the store but I was forced to go to work. Any suggestions?

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

3. lovesb macrumors newbie

I had same issue last week and I turned off and on the iphone and then it was activated.

also remember reading turning off your old phone too

hope this works for you

4. chhc thread starter macrumors newbie

tried turning it off and on along with airplane but nothing happened until i figured out this (no thanks to att)...

settings---> general---> Reset Network Settings. it rebooted and instantly activated.

hope this helps if anyone else is having trouble...

5. BisseN macrumors newbie

I got a message directing me to an AA&T page, something like www.att.com/activations, it asks for your line that is being upgraded and then everything is done.