12-Year-Old Black Boy Suspended For Staring At Classmate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Oct 5, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...black-boy-suspended-for-staring-at-classmate/

it was a freaking staring CONTEST, what the hell did he do wrong? win?

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Aggressive milk pouring! That is almost as egregious as biting-a-gun-out-of-a-Poptart. Almost....

3. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

He owes every English teacher in the world an apology for that sentence.

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

jk, you should know what happens when adolescent black boys look at white girls the wrong way

5. jkcerda, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

We have a long way to go, kid did nothing wrong and of top of that he has to apologize? W t f?

6. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

So, what's the contest huh? Which American school can make the most racist accusement ever? I think they won for now. It's even more stupid than the recent Muslim kid building a clock or whatever.

7. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

She intentionally messed up someone else's lunch, yet she can get others in trouble over a staring contest. I think their point was that the school doesn't really care and selectively enforces its own nonsense. I don't know that this is actually a race issue though. This nonsense can happen to anyone. If it's disproportionately applied based on race, then there are at least two issues.

8. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

"He stared at a white girl" just conjures up some of tho old mindless concepts from days gone by...

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

10. sim667 macrumors 65816

I bet the little girl wasn't scared, and it was the little girls parents who took exception to her playing with a black kid.

11. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Given it is an article from thinkprogress I'd bet that we are only hearing a small part of the story. The higher the advertisement to story ratio a site has the less it's journalistic credentials.

12. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

If you had bothered to follow the link in the first paragraph of the Think Progress article (of Oct. 5th) you'd have discovered that the their source for the news story was a report (from Sept. 30) from a local TV station in Ohio.