1. AhmedFaisal, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
  2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

3. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

He is doomed. He continued the Wars and even got involved in another one. He didn't close Guantanamo. He didn't repeal the Bush Tax cuts and now this.

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

So basically, we'll have the choice of either a Republican, or a Democrat who caves to every Republican demand (thus a Republican). It appears that they have won, and we are in for a long, hard ride to the bottom.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

From that link:

Uh, yeah, those are pretty much two mutually exclusive things.

We can look forward to more of this:

Okay, that's frightening.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And he gives up another negotiating point with Republicans. This guy's leadership is so weak.

7. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Can we stop pretending that politicians will stick to every word they say?

Seriously, Obama's not God. Can we get over this BS!?

8. Sdashiki, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011

Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

If you have not heard this skit from Bill Hicks, I highly recommend it.

Gives great perspective on why no President does what they say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MRykTpw1RQ

It might not be their fault...just...their weakness.

Also its funny that we need jobs, need money...and yet the "costs" to regulate the environmental impacts of large corporations put a burden on them they can't seem to bear. Thats crap. Would not the regulations CREATE jobs and put money into the system just by virtue of having more work to do?!

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Why is Obama running as a Democrat? He seems more like a Republican to me.

10. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Seems like the perfect Dem to me...spineless with the best of em.

11. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Obama never leaned left and never said that he did. He's a centrist through and through. That's why I voted for Hilary. Her position was clear, Obama's wasn't.

12. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

That's the sad part about all of this. The Dems and the media picked the wrong candidate in '08. It should have been Hilary. she would certainly have done a much better job and none of us would be in the position we are today.

13. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Maybe not, but he campaigned on being pretty close. He's gone as far as he can on Hope and Change, which wasn't very far to begin with.

What you guys actually expected of him, I'm really not sure.

14. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

These environmental mandates result in capital expenditures from equipment retrofits. Knowing the money could go to providing more jobs instead and that the economy is the touchier subject here, what would you do?

15. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Let's see if that happens. Let's see if in the next month or so, a bunch of corporations put out press releases that detail how they now have this extra money they were going to use for the retrofits and are now going to use them to expand their businesses and hire new people. You know, like all the jobs created when Bush lowered the tax rates on millionaires, freeing up all that money they then put into starting new businesses and buying American goods and services. Hopefully, that will happen. But I won't hold my breath. Even if I have to....

16. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

That's the same question the Chinese are now asking.

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

18. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

Well to be fair the Chinese could use a little cancer...

19. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

wtf?

20. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I don't know, maybe cause there are so many of them....:confused:

21. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

You should read the entire article I linked to. Although lung cancer is on the top of the list, something like well over half of all water sources in China are too polluted for drinking. China is also a heavy user of coal.

22. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Is suspect that's the case, plus the shock value for IntelUser ;),

Well deduced Watson, I did not read it all, for I know of these other types of pollution in China.

All of these factors seem to point to the Government considering these poor souls as "collateral damage", in the economic warfare that they are waging with the West.

23. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I would of much rather had Hilary. I said it before the election and I have been prove right time and time again. Obama is nothing more than an Empty suit.
    He failed to hold the line on minor issues that it would not of been bad on and as such prove that on major issues he was going to be screwed. If Obama had stood his ground on unemployment benfits extention we would not of had the bugdet pissing match which he against failed to hold the line on which allowed the debt ceiling issue which lets be blunt he really could not afford to hold the line on.

Now we got fema and safe to bet again the GOP will win but I would say he should stand his ground and require a clean bill and accept nothing less.

Obama is an empty suit plan and simple.

I agree completely. We never would of had the debt ceiling issue or the budget pissing match as bad because she would of held the line on more minor things making the GOP afraid to force it threw on larger ones.

It is a huge game of chicken and lets be blunt Obama is a huge chicken.

24. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Obama has disappointed me greatly. This latest "non-move" by him has made me want to just sit out this next election.
    Unfortunately for him there are a lot of people with the same view.
    The environmental thing has me personally ticked off. Like a lot of the firefighters and policemen at the World Trade Center I have asbestos disease.
    Obama and the republicans do not care about them. All they care about is pandering to the most votes they can get regardless of ideology .

I'm fed up with the whole lot. No vote from me. Let the spineless dems chips fall where they are destined to fall due to not standing up for the right principles.

25. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Well, good. Hope you all enjoy either starving to the death in the street or getting killed in the next pointless war. Oh, you're not in the military, you say? That's what you think: President GOP!Lunatic will certainly reinstate the draft by executive order. It helps unemployment, y'know.

Hilary was not going to be President. Was never going to happen. The moderates and independents would have, holding their nose the entire way, shifted over to Hanoi John if the Dems had nominated Hilary. I'm sorry you're disappointed with Barack (I am, too, on certain things) but rule #1 in politics:

You can't govern if you can't get elected.

(I just wish he'd govern a little bit better.)