Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has started seeding a new Lion 10.7.2 (11C71) build to developers, though it is not yet appearing to all developers. The new build lists no new issues and includes a Lion Recovery Update which includes improvements to Lion Recovery and addresses an issue with Find My Mac when using a firmware password.

Apple has also sent out some premature iCloud welcome emails. AppleInsider publishes a welcome email that was sent to one of its readers:

The link to the instructions found in the email is not yet active. Apple must be making final preparations to launch iCloud. iCloud is expected to launch alongside iOS 5. We should hear more about the service at next week's media event which takes place on October 4th.

Article Link: Apple Begins Seeding 10.7.2 11C71 and Sends Our Premature iCloud Welcome Emails

kylebshr

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2011
Tennessee
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

I know you'd think suck a perfectionist company would never let this slip. On purpose maybe?... o_O

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
lol oops. Right on the heels of a MobileMe outage too. What are the cloud guys really doing over there? They should let the app store guys take over.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Not sure that it's worked the same for my Apps but I know all of my iTunes music that is usually downloaded from my iPhone has been automatically transferred to my iPad. Pretty awesome really.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Although i"m not usually given to excessive enthusiasm about new stuff, I must say this sounds pretty cool.:cool:

Having my MP automatically synced with my phone, and all the storage features included, does sound very good to me. Plugging my phone into my MP is not exactly a huge task, but knowing that all information is shared between my devices is nice. Even nicer for those of you who have a bunch of devices to sync.

My only concern is security, but we'll wait and see about that.

Looking forward to this on my old, soon to be out-dated iPhone4. :rolleyes: :)

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I hope this release really nails a lot of the bugs in Lion. It's a pretty sloppy experience right now—very un-Apple.

RickNTpa

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2007
Helotes, TX
Does anyone have the embedded bundleID= portion of the link after you click the download link inside your iCloud developer page(getSoftware?bundleID=)??

Mine is still showing build #11C62. But if we have the bundleid it could help link to it earlier..

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Does anyone have the embedded bundleID= portion of the link after you click the download link inside your iCloud developer page(getSoftware?bundleID=)??

Mine is still showing build #11C62. But if we have the bundleid it could help link to it earlier..

I hear it shows up in connect.apple.com

arn

Schmitty11

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2011
10.7.2, iTunes 10.5 and iOs 5 all being released Tuesday (although unlikely) would be like Christmas morning :D

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
My concerns over iCloud:
  • GarageBand tracts, non-comercial 3rd-party music, lecture recordings obviously can't be found on iTunes. Will this force users of such into subscription?
  • Like MobileMe before it, iCloud will likely grow incrementally to dependence upon Lion, eventually forcing users into OS upgrade with numerous associated software upgrades just to maintain access to iTunes library.
What I look forward to with iCloud:
  • Having all devices sync'd remotely.
  • Snapping photo with iPhone and having appear on iPad and desktop.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
My concerns over iCloud:
  • GarageBand tracts, non-comercial 3rd-party music, lecture recordings obviously can't be found on iTunes. Will this force users of such into subscription?
  • Like MobileMe before it, iCloud will likely grow incrementally to dependence upon Lion, eventually forcing users into OS upgrade with numerous associated software upgrades just to maintain access to iTunes library.
What I look forward to with iCloud:
  • Having all devices sync'd remotely.
  • Snapping photo with iPhone and having appear on iPad and desktop.

I wouldn't worry about any 3rd party non-commercial music. I have a ton of bootleg Grateful Dead CD's imported in my music library with no problems.

aliebel

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
San Antonio, TX

The bundleID is 20965.

Slurpy2k8

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
Will photos be resolution downsized that are synced to the cloud?

I hope so. Do people really need every one of their ******, blurry, useless 8MP photos uploaded to the cloud? The bandwidth hit would be astronomical, especially with tens of millions of iOS users. Would make sense to downsize before upload, but hopefully theres a setting that can specify how much. For most people, even 1MP will be more than enough for how the pic will eventually be used (ie. facebook). The bandwidth hit, upload time, processing, and cloud storage requirements will simply not be worth it. If you really need to print a pic or something, upload it manually to another service, email the full resolution photo to yourself, or simply sync it through wifi or usb. There's a ton of options. Either way, I expect message boards to be predictably up in flames in outrage over this sensible decision, even though its the most logical one.

Last edited:

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
I hope so. Do people really need every one of their ******, blurry, useless 8MP photos uploaded to the cloud? The bandwidth hit would be astronomical, especially with tens of millions of iOS users. Would make sense to downsize before upload, but hopefully theres a setting that can specify how much. For most people, even 1MP will be more than enough for how the pic will eventually be used (ie. facebook). The bandwidth hit, upload time, processing, and cloud storage requirements will simply not be worth it. If you really need to print a pic or something, upload it manually to another service, email the full resolution photo to yourself, or simply sync it through wifi or usb. There's a ton of options. Either way, I expect message boards to be predictably up in flames in outrage over this sensible decision, even though its the most logical one.

Unless you want to get a print later or something. Fact is I want my stuff full resolution or at least be clear. As it is I believe the iphone downsamples the photos synced to it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.