Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

dianawalkersteve.jpg

Longtime Time Magazine photographer Diana Walker has shared a few of her favorite photographs of Steve Jobs, and briefly sharing her experiences working with him.
He was so much fun because he was so quick--he was such a fast study. You showed him anything and he could get it in a second. I was always fascinated by his design sense. It was wonderful because he liked my pictures.
In this photo at Jobs' home office in 2004, we can see a model of the then new Power Mac G5 on his desk and a plethora of books, files and knick-knacks on the shelves in the background.

Article Link: Time Photographer Diana Walker's Favorite Shots of Steve Jobs

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
What is that bag of stuff on the top shelf in the background?

Also, desk looks right out of an apple store :)

edenwaith

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2001
PowerMac mini?

Why is the screen so big, but the Power Mac G5 so small?

That's what I kept trying to figure out. It looks like a PM G5 on the desk, but very small. Even if that is a large monitor, the PowerMac looks very tiny.

Melodic

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
NYC
That's what I kept trying to figure out. It looks like a PM G5 on the desk, but very small. Even if that is a large monitor, the PowerMac looks very tiny.

Looks like that is just a model of the G5, and the real machine is on the floor. Still a great shot

Downdivx

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2004
Fayetteville, NC

There are no cables plugged into it, it's just a model.
What is the black, finned box with the VGA cable running out of it??

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
I dont believe that the black finned box is a speaker. There are at least 2 cables coming out of it.

Also, that monitor looks unusually large. Call me paranoid but it looks bigger than 30"

Putters

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
Apple merges mail accounts for iCloud

If you look on Apple's website under iCloud's mail section, it states that when you sign up for iCloud, you get a me.com email to merge iTunes accounts. But, with the iPhone 4s debuting and Steve Job's death (the ultimate publicity for a lackluster product), I guess it was overlooked.

Also, MacRumors should allow you to sign up to the blog with Facebook/twitter login.

fiddle

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
That is a speaker

The black box is a speaker... Older line of Genelec, the 2 cables are a power cable and the audio cable, self amplified.. -

paul4339

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
fantastic photo! ... I wondered what his office looked like ... clean and simplified or cluttered and homely. I like the walls and ceiling.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
The screen is huge. I have a 30" ADC, it's not that big. Maybe he had a special 40" screen.

Jacquesass

macrumors regular
May 6, 2003
Steve just had the Mac midi (model between Pro and mini) all the time. The Mac everybody wanted, he just loved too much to share with anyone. ;)

Ha! That is exactly what I thought, also! After all these years, Apple WAS making the Mythical Mac Minitower - but only one at a time, and only for Jobs' home office...

(Great pickup on the Genelec's, btw)

imageWIS

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
NYC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

iBug2 said:
The screen is huge. I have a 30" ADC, it's not that big. Maybe he had a special 40" screen.

The rumored Apple TV?

SiPat

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Nice images -- I'm going to show the home office image to my wife, because mine is just as messy and disorganised looking (she'll have to start accepting me for the genius that I am).

gri

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
New York City, aka Big Apple
What is that bag of stuff on the top shelf in the background?

Also, desk looks right out of an apple store :)

Power Mac is a model as mentioned in the text, screen is likely a 30 ACD but it looks big - and to what computer is it connected, the thing next to the PowerMac model looks unlike any Mac I know...

EDIT: 'K, was too late to read all the other posts...

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
I suspect that there's a bit of wide angle distortion making the monitor look so big. Maybe someone with one of the long discontinued firewire isight cameras could compare it to the size of their screen for comparison?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.