Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

first4s.jpg

The first iPhone 4S deliveries have already started arriving in customers' hands. Several German customers have received their new phones several days before the official launch. Macerkopf.de posts a several images of the new device from different readers.

We've already seen information leak out about the device as early units make its way into the hands of customers. General benchmarks have shown the new device to be about 68% faster than the iPhone 4 and with graphics benchmarks close to 7x as fast.

The iPhone 4S officially goes on sale on Friday, October 14th with pre-orders scheduled to be arriving on the same day. At this point, if you haven't pre-ordered a device, the only way to get the iPhone 4S on launch day will be to stand in line at a local retail store.

Article Link: First iPhone 4S Deliveries Made to German Customers Ahead of Official Launch

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A334)

Jealous!

HarryKeogh

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Mine is scheduled for Friday. Looking forward to messing around with it and iOS 5 over the weekend.

QuiteSure

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2002
They're coming!!

My phones are in Louisville, KY. At least they're in the continental US!

pirinha

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
Hi, I'm from Hamburg/Germany.. And i got a email today that my iPhone 4S also will arrive tomorrow! So it's true.. !

AreYouIn?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Not cool. Mine hasn't even shipped yet. Oh well those of you that have it enjoy!

jc1350

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2008
I'm also jealous. I ordered mine around 5:30am eastern from Apple's site an my order is still "preparing for shipment." But good things come to those who wait.

majortom1981

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2010
I will be buying an iphone 4s at the end of october BUT installed ios5 gm on my iphone 4. I think ios5 will be better then just the iphone 4s. Most of the new features besides siri iphone 4 users also get. Heckk I found adding an actual hardware camera button to the iphone 4 and the notifications better then upgrade internals on the iphone 4s.

Ios 5 will hold a lot of people over till they can buy an iphone 4s or they can buy whatever the iphone 5 will be.

Last edited:

KeithJenner

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2010
Hi, I'm from Hamburg/Germany.. And i got a email today that my iPhone 4S also will arrive tomorrow! So it's true.. !

Did you order direct from Apple, and if so, when did your delivery status change on the Apple store.

There seem to be lots of people elsewhere who are panicking about not having shipment notices yet. You may be able to reassure them.

NMBPPLS

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2010
Still "Processing Items" for me in Germany :mad:
But now I can select, if I want to "Add Free Gift Message"...
That's my only news :mad:

PS: To all of you lucky "early-owners": HAVE FUN!!!

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
I just pre ordered mine as an upgrade with O2 from the carphone warehouse (UK) and they said it would be delivered either tomorrow or thursday :D

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
hmm I will be buying an iphone 4s at the end of october BUT installed ios5 gm on my iphone 4. I think ios5 will be better then just the iphone 4s. Most of the new features besides siri iphone 4 users also get. Heckk I found adding an actual hardware camera button to the iphone 4 and the notifications better then upgrade internals on the iphone 4s.

Ios 5 will hold a lot of people over till they can buy an iphone 4s or they can buy whatever the iphone 5 will be.

Why are you buying a 4S then?

----------

Still "Processing Items" for me in Germany :mad:
But now I can select, if I want to "Add Free Gift Message"...
That's my only news :mad:

PS: To all of you lucky "early-owners": HAVE FUN!!!

Same here, only i'm from the UK.

Schmitty86

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2011
Lucky Germans! I can't wait for my iPhone 4S to come. I ordered mine around 4:50 AM launch day, and it just left Alaska yesterday. I really hope I get it early, but I'm not holding my breath...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.