128 gig or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CoriG, Sep 10, 2014.

1. CoriG macrumors 6502

I am trying to decide whether to buy the 128 gig iPhone 6 or just the 64 gig. I have a 64 gig now and I usually have about 4-5 gigs to spare ( I juggle around movies for my daughter).

I am just curious how many people are going to get the 128 gig phone? Is it worth it?

I do like to keep a lot of music on my phone.

Thanks!

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Each person will have to make their own choices depending on your funds available and how much you need or want.

3. HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 603

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    OP, if you're always that close to full and are "juggling" media, it sounds like it should be worth it to you. This is a very subjective question which can be right no matter how it's answered.

4. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

Im considering it only because now I wont need a tablet anymore.

But then again I dont store THAT MUCH stuff, and 64 is still more than enough.

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

For me, 128GB is way too much memory based on my 32GB 4S. However, it's only $100 more from the 64GB, so why not make the investment. It will probably sell better when you later decide to upgrade.

6. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

If you want all your stuff on and then just basically want to forget about it, get the 128gb.

You'll have all your media and room to spare too for photos, plus makes you less reliant on iCloud.

7. demure84 macrumors member

64GB is plenty as I've never had any issues with running low on memory even with loads of Spotify playlist synced for offline listening and Podcasts downloaded, photos, store FLAC files even then I had space left.

128GB would be unnecessary unless you never want to back your stuff up using a computer and store your whole movie library.

Just ask yourself if everything is going to be stored in the iCloud soon enough, music available for streaming etc so what's the use for so having so much storage space anyway?

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I would definitely say 128GB especially when its now at the old 64GB price point.

9. PsykX macrumors 6502a

PsykX

10. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

I have an 128 GB iPad 4 and it is full of movies and I could use more! I am getting the 5.5 128 myself. iCloud is pricy for me. :)

11. cymolia macrumors 6502a

128 gb is basically only 100 or so movies, thats not realy a lot of memory if you said you're carrying around movies for your daughter