Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ser968

macrumors member
May 18, 2008
Woo-hoo! Thanks for this - I just ordered from Apple on Thursday (it is being delivered today). The B&H deal is saving me $150 total between the discount and sales tax break. Way to start off a Monday!

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
It is a great deal but I think if I were to have both pro's, I'd want a steal sale on the 32gb.

$450 for my 12.9, it's hard to want to spend $600 for the 9.7 when I may not have any use for all that storage overhead,

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Remember that at BB you pay sales tax. That also goes for Amazon. At B&H, Adorama, and many other online retailers there is not sales tax or shipping. So make sure you get the best deal.

nadaclue

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
Remember that at BB you pay sales tax. That also goes for Amazon. At B&H, Adorama, and many other online retailers there is not sales tax or shipping. So make sure you get the best deal.

Amazon doesn't charge sales tax.

masotime

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
I have never paid sales tax on a purchase from Amazon. If they have a presence in your state they will charge sales tax, but to say they charge everyone sales tax is wrong.

I don't remember using the word "everyone".... saying that they charge sales tax doesn't mean they charge everyone sales tax.

Booloo

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2012
What a great deal. And thankfully my local Best Buy customer service is so great.

I was considerably past my 30 day return window and they gave me no trouble with the exchange. Also used the $50 college .edu coupon.

$599 for a 128gb 9.7" Pro. Now that's a price that would have moved units as fast as Apple would have hoped for and then some!

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
What a great deal. And thankfully my local Best Buy customer service is so great.

I was considerably past my 30 day return window and they gave me no trouble with the exchange. Also used the $50 college .edu coupon.

$599 for a 128gb 9.7" Pro. Now that's a price that would have moved units as fast as Apple would have hoped for and then some!

I was able to get the price match(got it on April 29th) but how were you able to also get them to match the 50 dollar coupon for EDU..I have the same coupon and they told me via chat that they can't combine price match plus promotion

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012

I signed up but they didn't send any coupon for me

Booloo

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2012
I was able to get the price match(got it on April 29th) but how were you able to also get them to match the 50 dollar coupon for EDU..I have the same coupon and they told me via chat that they can't combine price match plus promotion

Sorry for the late response. So the coupon said select Apple products but didn't list an iPad, but the promo code worked on bestbuy.com when I had the iPad added to the cart. Placed the online order as a in-store pickup and did the exchange with that order all in one. Hope that helps.

SaddleSC

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
Amazon doesn't charge sales tax.

It is state specific...in Colorado, they just started collecting sales tax on all items purchased directly from Amazon...it totally sucks and it negates part of the benefit of buying online.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Returned iPad Pro back to Apple Store and bought same thing for $150 less at Best Buy

Thank you tanking iPad sales!

Reactions: clunkmess

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
I'd love to jump on one of these deals... I assume no retailers offer an actually solid trade in program? I would like to jump from my Mini 4 (LTE) to iPad Pro but it's hard to just make the switch without wading through Craigslist or the like...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.