Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

appleid.jpg

iTunes and iCloud customers trying to log into their accounts early this morning found that their Apple IDs are not working. They were greeted with the following error message:
"The Apple ID you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again."
A quick search of Twitter shows the problem is widespread, affecting customers all over the world. There are a few scattered reports that some people's Apple IDs seem to be working. Apple's iCloud system status shows no issues at the time of this writing. Trying to change your Apple ID password results in a "Fatal internal error" on Apple's support pages.

Apple ID accounts are required to download apps from iTunes as well as access your iCloud.com data. The wide scale of the problem indicates its a problem with Apple's servers rather than your individual Apple ID account. Apple is likely working to fix the problem.

Update: Many are reporting that Apple IDs are working again.

Article Link: Widespread iTunes and iCloud Apple ID "Couldn't be Found" Outage [Fixed?]

MetalMoon

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2010
San Jose
One downslide to the cloud, is that the problem is out of your hands until they fix it. Even Itunes match takes a few seconds to load the song you want to play. Cool idea, but I'll be sticking to owning a external for all my info for now.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
You were very quick to report this, just started having the problem now... must be a big issue, hopefully they are working on allowing us to have our new @me.com email addresses as our Apple ID's lol, no such luck!

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thought it was just me.

burtba

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
Same here! Australia

I just came to report the same thing. Just signed up to iTunes match, got 1/2 way through checking my library and had to log back in and got this error in the title. I guess their servers are getting a hammering with iTunes Match up and running in so many countries at the same time.

They'l be back soon

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

Not having any problems here - just watched iCloud on my AppleTV and I'm downloading music on my iPhone right now. (San Diego)

s1nt4x

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2010
Same here cant log in with my account , meh i guess it`s nothing to be concern about except the fact that a account with my personal information and credit card information is now no longer responding to me :p

fpnc

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2002
San Diego, CA
I think this is also affecting Apple's iOS/Mac Dev Centers as I can no longer log in using my Apple ID. I get various types of "fatal" errors when trying to log in to my developer account.

This outage could be affecting everything that uses an Apple ID which would mean that it is a VERY big failure.

<update>I also can't log in to Apple's support forums. So, yeah, it looks like all services that use an Apple ID may be down. Can't really tell (or know) whether it is affecting all user and all Apple IDs.</update>

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Arghh, this sucks! I was in the middle of watching a TV series and just finished an episode and was about to buy another when my AppleTV didn't let me. I guess I'm glad to know it's not only me that's experiencing it.

And Apple's iforgot website seems to be down also. Not that it'd be useful anyway.

pjdiddy

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
Strangely it makes me feel much better to know that there are thousands of others suffering with me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.