13" Incase Neoprene Sleeve fits really snug, potential scratches from zippers?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ben-, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Ben- macrumors newbie

I've recently purchased the 13" sleeve for my unibody MB and I'm finding that I really have to tug at it to fit it in. Is this sleeve suppose to fit really snug when its brand new and then gradually stretch to form its shape over time?

I compared mine to one that my friend has been using and I noticed that my case is 1" shorter in length. I can fit my MB in his sleeve perfectly where as for my case, the MB would stick out at the corners.

Is this a problem among the recent batch of incase sleeves? Or have they always fit like that? I'm just worried that if it fits this tight that the zippers would scratch my MB.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

You won't see neoprene stretch an inch over 12" - I'm wondering if you got the right size/model case. Is the unibody different from the "old" white plastic ones?

3. broncoted macrumors newbie

it fine, i have the same one, just make sure the zippers are out of the way when you slide it into the perfect fit that it is

4. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

The tucano skin has a guard flap of material to keep that from happening.

5. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

I've had no problems with the tight sleeve scratching my UMBP 13. It stretched out after a bit of use. Just put it on and off a few times without zipping and it should stretch a bit Now mine fits fine even with a hardshell on the computer.

6. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Yeah, I shove the MBP in my incase sleeve, slam it into my bookbag and off I go, No problems so far with scratches.

...And is a pain in the butt to manipulate in a hurry.

7. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

The zippers do not cause scratches or at least for me. The zippers have caused nicks and chips though, so be careful.

8. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

I hear ya, I'm in the same situation. Just got a White Unibody Macbook and an Incase 13" Neoprene sleeve. The thing is the new white unibody Macbook is a bit wider than the white/black/silver ones, so I guess that's why these new white unibodies are fitting so tight. I'll use it for 2-3days and if it doesn't stretch out enough so that I can put in in/out easily I'll have to go exchange it for another brand. I too am worried of the zippers scratching the sides of the Macbook.

9. Ben- thread starter macrumors newbie

It shouldn't be the wrong case, since it does say for MP 13" on the cover.

Its weird since I got my case just a week or two after my frd got his over the winter break, yet my UMP slides in perfectly into his sleeve, but it won't fit comfortably in mine. Even after I stretch the sides of my sleeve to get the MB in, I still have to tug at it to tuck the corners so it would fit in!

I really want this case but I have no idea why there is such a difference in size! Examining the cover closely, I did notice 2008 as the copyright year, so they may have changed the size over the year, and the one I had purchased may be from old backstocked inventory...:(

10. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I'd return it since that's no good.

I have an incase sleeve for my 12" iBook and it's always been a perfect slide in and out easily fit. I never even thought about zippers.

Shame since it is a good sleeve (mainly 'cause mine's saved my laptop from water spills about 10 times) but maybe just try and get another one somewhere else. Sounds like yours is faulty.

11. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

The Unibodies are a little wider than the previous aluminum macbooks. My incase sleeve is definitely tighter on my 15" unibody than on my old SR macbook 15", but still fits just fine.