13" MBP mysteriously turns on in my bag

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wesg, Feb 8, 2010.

1. wesg macrumors regular

wesg

I just bought myself a bluetooth mouse today and was using it at school. When I got home and pulled my MBP out of my bag, the sleeve was exceptionally warm and the computer did not want to turn on. I opened the screen, closed the screen but nothing happened. I could hear a high pitched whine as well, which alarmed me a little.

What I think happened was that BT mouse turned the machine on in my bag, so I turned off 'wake from bluetooth devices" after holding the power button.

Has anyone else had something like this happen, and what is a good way of waking the computer in a condition like this? I let it sit under an open window but it didn't seem to wake on its own.

2. Hieu macrumors member

Something similar happened to me the other day. I just closed my website during class and after class it was hot and wouldn't turn on. I don't have anything connected to it though and I always leave the bluetooth off.
    It would only work after I plugged the charger in. I'm wondering what happened too because I was so worried.

3. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Reason it wouldn't turn back on is because the battery drained so it kept a "reserve" amount of battery life to sustain the sleep mode. Connecting to a power source would bring it back to life.

I've noticed with my PB that my BT mouse would bring it back on if it was closed if I had that option set in my system preferences but it would go back to sleep automatically since my batteries were low in my mouse so it would turn off. Since no BT device was connected my PB would then go back to sleep.