13" pro fully charges in an hour...? And low battery times..suspect?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RipcordAFF, Jul 14, 2009.

1. RipcordAFF macrumors member

Hey guys, I upgraded from my old 13" Uni macbook to the 13" pro and I have not been impressed with the battery power. I get about 4 hours with half brightness, wifi on and light web browsing. Yes, i have checked activity monitor, CPU hangs at like 5% the whole time...Does this sound right? Furthermore, the battery will charge from 5%-10% to fully charged in little more than hour, like 1:15..that seems like an awfully short time to fully charge such a big battery...

Coco Battery reports only 1-2% wear with just a few cycles. I have conditioned the battery to no effect. Any ideas ? Thanks!!

Reed

2. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Well it should produce round about 5-6 (or maybe even 7 as advertised) hours, unless your battery unit is faulty. Or maybe the meter is not calibrated well? Let it die all the way, then charge it back up.

3. RipcordAFF thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick response. I did let it and die and charge it up. In fact, I closely followed the directions that apple gives for calibrating the batteries

4. vant macrumors 65816

My CPU does not hang around 5% at all. It's around 1-3% idle.

5. RipcordAFF thread starter macrumors member

I am sorry if I wasn't clear, the macbook does hang at 1-3% without being used, but it averages about 5% during light web browsing, adium chatting, occasional itunes music. Isnt Apple's 7 hour claim supposed to be "normal" or at least "light" usage? Surely they didnt mean 7 hours idling...?

6. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Your right they mean 7 hours of doing something (although admittedly not that intensive, it is still probably more than 5% CPU). If it doesn't last anywhere close to that then you probably have a problem.