13" rMBP 2015 — which configuration for Adobe CS6?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tron72, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Tron72, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015

Tron72 macrumors member

Tron72

Hello, I am considering purchasing a 13" rMBP and wanted to get opinions on which configuration is sufficient for use with Adobe CS6 (primarily InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)? When using these programs I would connect to my Thunderbolt Display. I think 8gb is plenty for these apps but wondering if I should upgrade to 16gb or instead bump up the processor to 2.9 or 3.1GHz? Or is not necessary to upgrade either of these options on the base 256gb model for my intended use? Thanks in advance!

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It is not necessary to upgrade. It would be nice, but not necessary. The base configuration will run your application.

Having said that, no one has ever complained about having too much memory or their computer being too fast. Get as much computer as you can afford. These are not upgradeable. My $0.02.

3. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I second what ZBoater said.

Question for ZBoater... I noticed your signature says "rMBP 13" Ultimate 2015". What computer exactly is that? Is it the 100% maxed out early 2015 13" model??

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yup.

5. Tron72 thread starter macrumors member

Tron72

Thanks zBoater. I think I've pushed what I can afford by skipping the 128GB base model and going with the 256GB model, since storage is very important to me… I regretfully went base storage with my last iMac. Just want to make sure saving up to $200 on upgrading memory or processor speed won't hinder my rMBP experience based on my usage.