131 TB of tether data used!!!!

JGW310

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
lol, check this out!!!!

I just checked the settings on my iPhone 5 because my battery life had been abysmal so I did a "reset all settings" and I stumbled across this!!!!!

Just to confirm, I checked on Sprint's website, and I haven't used a single kilobyte of tethering data

btw, my cellular data stats are so low because I am on wifi at home and at school so.....

EDIT: Heres the video for all of you idiots who didn't believe my pictures! http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x473/JGW310/iPhone 5/?action=view&current=IMG_0036.mp4

:cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Whoa, that's crazy. It's interesting to see that Sprint keeps track of tethering usage. I've been officially tethering my AT&T phone and it doesn't show that section under Cellular Usage.

JGW310

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
its gettying really crazy now, its saying a different number every time I click on it...... ranging from numbers so big they don't even exist to the correct amount (0) to null (EB)

Any ideas whats up with this thing?

Fabricman112

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
131 TB/8 days ~ 16TB per day ~ .67 TB per hour ~ 186Mbit/s = pretty nice
:cool: but obviously wrong.. whats your max speed in USA??

KittyToy

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Davenport
Mine show tethering too and I don't have tether on my AT&T phone nore have I ever tried to tether anything so not sure what those numbers mean!

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
How about we all just agree that he faked the photo? A mediocre fake at that.

EDIT: I took his image and made an edit of my own to show how easy the process is.

Last edited:

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
lol, check this out!!!!

I just checked the settings on my iPhone 5 because my battery life had been abysmal so I did a "reset all settings" and I stumbled across this!!!!!

Just to confirm, I checked on Sprint's website, and I haven't used a single kilobyte of tethering data

btw, my cellular data stats are so low because I am on wifi at home and at school so.....

:cool:
Faked. There is no space after the 131 and before the TB. And TB wouldn't be rounded, it would display a decimal, which it doesn't.

How about we just agree that he faked the photo? A mediocre fake at that.
+1 Can't believe so many people fell for this.

JGW310

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
131 TB/8 days ~ 16TB per day ~ .67 TB per hour ~ 186Mbit/s = pretty nice
:cool: but obviously wrong.. whats your max speed in USA??
lol it's horrible since I live in an area with no LTE.... :(

couldn't use that much on sprint if it was on 24/7 forever lol. too slow
lol ik

How about we just agree that he faked the photo? A mediocre fake at that.
Ha really? You think I faked this?? Please, take a look at my phone, I would love for you to see it for yourself. Every time I click on it it gives me a different crazy number.

Crappy iPad 2 picture proof!!!! Say I faked it now!!! :cool:

Attachments

JGW310

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Faked. There is no space after the 131 and before the TB. And TB wouldn't be rounded, it would display a decimal, which it doesn't.

+1 Can't believe so many people fell for this.
You are really an idiot. If I have nothing better to do other than make a "mediocre fake" of my phone saying I used a crazy amount of data, then I should really just go jump off of a bridge. Just because your phone isn't having this issue and just because it doesn't look how it should and you expect it to look, doesn't mean I faked it. Idiot.

He didnt, my Sprint iPhone also did this, just not 131 TB. its a non-issue, just interesting.
Yeah, I just got off the phone with AppleCare just to make sure and he said it's nbd if I want I can do a reset but thats a waste of my time

SellYourMacBook

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2012
lol it's horrible since I live in an area with no LTE.... :(

lol ik

Ha really? You think I faked this?? Please, take a look at my phone, I would love for you to see it for yourself. Every time I click on it it gives me a different crazy number.

+1 fake, iPad 2 takes better pics, & this one looks grainy and photoshop

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
I just want to know how hard you crapped your pants when you first saw that! $60,000 phone bill D:

JGW310

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012

Hexiii

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic

Did you take this picture during a 15min call? Lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.