Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarfBag

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Hey guys. I'm a teenager on a tight budget, but I could squeeze out enough to buy a Mac. I'm only an intern. My job ends in about 5 weeks. I will not get back the money that I spend until I find another job when this one ends. That means, I want what I get to last me at least 4 years (maybe longer). Should I wait until the Intel Mac Mini comes out, or buy now? I don't have all the money I need yet, but I will in about 2 or 3 weeks.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
This is easy: If you need it now, buy it. If you can wait, wait. Remember though, the longer you wait, the longer you don't have a new Mac. Pretty simple decision to me.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
If you have the money soon and need a Mac now, then go ahead and purchase now. I personally wouldn't want to purchase the Rev. A Intel Mac. My current Power Mac has been in operation since September 2000, so you shouldn't worry about it lasting. Your parents must be very proud that you've earned the money on your own. ;)

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
The mini is getting an Power PC update next week according to ThinkSecret. Look for a much better version. If you need a computer now, get it. If you want to wait for a year or so until the Intel version is out, then wait.

_DsK_

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2005
London (West), England
bodeh6 said:
The mini is getting an Power PC update next week according to ThinkSecret.
Argh, rumours about the mini being updated 'next week' have been circulating the forums for months now, personally i wouldnt count on it, but if it does materialise, all the more better for us all!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.