14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bandrews, Sep 16, 2015.

1. bandrews macrumors 6502a

2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

"Irving police might still charge Ahmed with making a 'hoax bomb.'"

You ******* *******!

3. sim667 macrumors 65816

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

You can see it briefly in the video.

5. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

No you cannot, it was confisated by the Police. From what he described the case he used for the clock was a small briefcase. Seems reasonable to be suspicious of such a device but surely the police could have established what it was at the school and not need to go further. Briefcases left on a train in London with wires visible have been known to be blown up in controlled explosion.

6. bandrews thread starter macrumors 6502a

Seems like the perfect way to alienate a young kid. Surely a sit down and a bit of a chat that it could have possibly been mistaken for a bomb, probably best to not do it again would have sufficed. But he shouldn't even need to do that. There's no way he would have been treated like this were he white.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

They watch too many movies. The clock looked like a homemade clock, nothing more.

8. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

If he told everyone it was a clock, I don't see how it can be a 'hoax' anything.

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    What the hell does this have to do with the topic at hand, other than the fact that...Muslims olol?

11. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

An intelligence Muslim kid who was on his middle school's robotics team that has a passion for tinkering with electronic devices terrifies the locals with a friggin' clock module...

God Bless America!!! (America is so f'ed in the A, these days...)

According to this article on the WFAA website (a North Texas ABC station)...

This is a photo of the electronic clock module...

[​IMG]

... which, according to the article, the young student had reportedly put in a "Vaultz pencil box." Photo of a typical Vaultz pencil box below, which looks much, much smaller than the typical "brief case."

[​IMG]

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

You haven't heard about the flying Imams?

Here is a cut and paste from my link, the text straight from MIDDLE EAST forums:

"The airport episode appeared pre-planned, the American equivalent of the manufactured Danish cartoon controversy, in which Danish Islamists, who hoped to benefit from polarization, exaggerated victimization and sought a pretext for crisis.

The six imams, five of whom hailed from the Phoenix area, were returning from a North American Imams Federation conference. Three drew attention to themselves when they conducted prayers at the departure gate rather than in the airport chapel or quietly in their seats. However, they drew no response.

On the plane, however, they aroused passenger suspicion with loud Arabic conversations, requests for apparently unnecessary seat-belt extenders—which can be used as weapons—and a post-boarding seating switch. Other passengers expressed their worries to the crew, who had them removed."

13. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    No, I haven't. And my question still stands. What do they have to do with this kid and his clock?

14. FieldingMellish Suspended

Sorry, I won’t engage with you playing dumb and obstinate at the same time.

15. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

I don’t see any reason for the outcry except for those benefitting from polarization, exaggerated victimization and a pretext for crisis, especially when the Ahmed incident at school is predated by this incident at school:

“STUDENT SUSPENDED FOR 10 DAYS FOR BRINGING A WATER GUN TO SCHOOL”

Cut and pasted form the article: “Was it a lifelike toy gun? No. Based on the picture in the article, it is yellow and does not resemble a real firearm.”

Link:
    http://downtrend.com/james/student-suspended-10-days-for-bringing-water-gun-to-school

17. barbu macrumors regular

barbu

You are spouting total BS, first conflating CAIR with the Brotherhood, and then mentioning the 'flying imams' story that was debunked six years ago. You have created a net loss of intelligence in this thread.

http://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-...ar-view-mirror-what-was-evidence-against-them

18. FieldingMellish Suspended

In the early days, when an Al Sharpton would fabricate a hoax, such as Tawana Brawley ….

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...f-goods-from-tawana-brawley-to-primetime.html

….. Sharpton had to work extra hard to keep the story in the press and be on call for comment.

Today, all that’s needed for the committed left-leaning social arsonist is to light the match. There’s a trove of others waiting in the (twitter’s) wings, ready to fan that flame for all it’s worth.

19. sim667 macrumors 65816

Im genuinely at a loss as to what its got to do with the clock..... apart from a bit of a thinly veiled racism.

20. FieldingMellish Suspended

Yeah, right. My link was from Middle East forums.

And this behavior is normal?

"The six imams, five of whom hailed from the Phoenix area, were returning from a North American Imams Federation conference. Three drew attention to themselves when they conducted prayers at the departure gate rather than in the airport chapel or quietly in their seats. However, they drew no response.

On the plane, however, they aroused passenger suspicion with loud Arabic conversations, requests for apparently unnecessary seat-belt extenders—which can be used as weapons—and a post-boarding seating switch. Other passengers expressed their worries to the crew, who had them removed."

And apparently the United Arab Emirates has their concern about CAIR.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/393614/cair-terror-group-daniel-pipes

21. FieldingMellish, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015

FieldingMellish Suspended

.... aaand we have the race card. Good play!

Where was the call to arms after this episode at school, predating the Ahmed situation?

“STUDENT SUSPENDED FOR 10 DAYS FOR BRINGING A WATER GUN TO SCHOOL”

Cut and pasted form the article: “Was it a lifelike toy gun? No. Based on the picture in the article, it is yellow and does not resemble a real firearm.”

Link:
    http://downtrend.com/james/student-suspended-10-days-for-bringing-water-gun-to-school

22. sim667 macrumors 65816

calling someone making racist comments, is playing the race card now is it?

Using a debunked story about Islam in order to try and justify what is clearly a miscarriage of justice against a 14 year old boy, simply because he is muslim is racist..... simple as.

Im calling you out on it, you haven't denied it so I'm guessing you accept you have racist tendencies, so lets not start twittering on about the "race card" shall we.... I know what you are, so do you. Lets leave it at that ;)

23. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

White 14yo makes a clock : gets hailed as a tinkerer extraordinaire
    Arab 14yo makes a clock : gets arrested under charges of terrorism

I'm not usually one for political correctness, but this is just ridiculous.

24. dec. Suspended

dec.

He is trying to say that the kid was instructed to do this on purpose to test the reactions of the public and gain sympathies for "muslims", which eventually will lead to less tight controls, which then again will lead to the easier execution of terrorist attacks in "'god's' own country". It's just a theory, you know, kind of similar to the theory of "FieldingMellish" really being an undercover "Islamist" terrorist who was instructed to write random crazy s*** in the name of "'Christian' conservatives" to make them appear to be complete idiots in order to seriously damage their reputation worldwide.

25. Huntn, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It's primarily because the kid has two very suspicious terror and bomb making names. :mad:

My understanding is that you don't need to build a clock from scratch to make a bomb, a retail watch can be used as a timing device.