14-year-old suicide bomber captured

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rasmasyean, Nov 13, 2009.

1. rasmasyean macrumors 6502a

'I agreed to become a suicide bomber'

A 14-year-old boy in the tribal region of Bajaur, in north-west Pakistan, says he was detained by Taliban forces who tried to turn him into a suicide bomber. The boy is now in army hands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8357011.stm

Accounts of a boy who was coerced into working for the Taliban.

I guess this one is too young for virgins! :D

"They said 'there will be honey and juice and God will appear in front of you. You will have a beautiful house in Heaven'. "

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

3. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

I think "Skunk" would have issue with that. I believe the proper terminology is the Taliban forces allegedly tried to turn him into a suicide bomber. you need to undertake this quaint thing called "due process", whereby you find a crime to charge them with and make it stick. Then, and only then, can you call them guilty. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Yeah, um, what?

1) I'm not Skunk
    2) Due process isn't a "quiant thing," it's a right given in this and many other countries
    3) Um, what?

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

This story paints a grim picture indeed. The most striking aspect to me is the utter ethical bankruptcy, dysfunction, self-delusion and cynicism of the "Taleban" figures in the report.

6. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=819662&page=2

Wasn't directly addressing you, more precisely at the leftist group we have here. If your going to feed off each other while attacking conservative viewpoints, at least try to be consistent from thread to thread please.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Do you actually have a point, besides sniping? Where is the inconsistency here?

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I know where you go it from. I just couldn't figure out A) what it had to do with me, B) what it had to do with this thread, and C) what the heck you were trying to prove by belittling a well respected member of the forums and a right that many people consider a very good thing.