Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Just a day after Apple added new build-to-order configuration options to the low-end Retina MacBook Pro, shipping estimates have improved from 1-2 weeks to 5-7 business days in the company's online stores. The faster turnaround time is showing up in the company's online stores in the Americas, and should spread to its Asia-Pacific and European distribution channels shortly.

retina_macbook_pro_5_7_days.jpg

Shipping estimates for the Retina MacBook Pro quickly ballooned to 3-4 weeks within 36 hours of the machine's introduction in June, holding at that level until mid-July before beginning to come down. The most recent improvement before today came nearly two weeks ago when estimates moved from 2-3 weeks to 1-2 weeks.

Article Link: Retina MacBook Pro Shipping Estimates Improve to 5-7 Business Days

gregwyattjr

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
My interest in the shipping estimates of the Retina MacBook Pro has improved to 5-7 I Don't Give a S**ts.

Textureboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
Yesterday's Base Model options and today's shipping news, I'm just so tempted to order one right now!

rawCpoppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2010
My interest in the shipping estimates of the Retina MacBook Pro has improved to 5-7 I Don't Give a S**ts.

You don't give a ****** so much you had to tell people? Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself of something.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Basemodel with 16GB would be nice; disk storage via TB; shipment time is short compared to the time i need to convince my wife :eek:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Great, so I would get it even quicker, than the guy who ordered this monday..:cool:

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
Was really hoping the 13" retina would be available before tax free weekend. Doesn't look like that will happen.

dynamojoe

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2011
Miami, FL
I'm happier about the customization options now than the shipping time. I can now order a low end retina with the big SSD. That is, if I was ordering a retina. But I'm probably not until there's an anti-glare option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.