Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With two weeks to go until the one-year anniversary of the public launch of iTunes Match in the United States, Apple is sending out emails reminding user who have opted for auto-renewal that their credit cards will be charged the next $24.99 annual fee on November 14.
Continue to enjoy your entire music collection in iCloud on your iOS devices, iTunes, and Apple TV. iTunes Match stores not only your songs purchased on the iTunes Store, but all of the other great music you have acquired over the years, including music from CDs.

This is just a reminder that your subscription for iTunes Match will automatically renew on 11/14/12 and you will be charged $24.99 at that time. To view your subscription or change your auto-renewal settings, sign in to iTunes on your computer and go to your Account Information page.
itunes_match_renewal.jpg
Additional information on subscribing to iTunes Match or turning off auto-renewal is available in an Apple support document.

Article Link: Apple Sending Out iTunes Match Renewal Notices to U.S. Users

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
It's been a stupid crock sometimes but all in all it's been nice to access my music on all devices, on the work computer, etc. now that they don't insist on streaming me the "clean" versions of songs.

seamer

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2009
For as much as I love Match, I just wish it matched available music a lot better than it currently does. Blows having 13 out of 14 matched from the same single CD album, with the 14th being unrecognized.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
Apple should be giving a free 6 months to people. It wasn't as if iTunes mis-match was problem free. Frankly it's screwed up my library (wrt to explicit songs being matched incorrectly) and cost me a lot of time.

Oman

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2008
I received this notice over a month or more ago. I wil lbe renewing. I love iTunes match. Having my music on all my devices is great! :apple:

drdidg

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2011
Already Cancelled

After my iPhone started to delete new songs on me after about a month after purchase, I decided to cancel my sub. I was close to the limit with 24900 or so songs, so may have been kicked soon anyway. Redownloading was not a viable fix as they suggest, but rather a weak work around for a larger underlying problem. I was not the only one with the issue as many others had it and reported it on their forums.

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
I still haven't signed up for this. I finally was ready to pull the trigger when iOS 6 was released -- until I found out the ability to manage songs on iOS devices had been gimped. I think I'll wait to see how this shakes out with the new iTunes.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Although there's been a few hiccups in the first year.. Maybe as time goes on.. Apple will iron out the bugs.. and now that iTunes 11 is approaching. I'm sure it will be better..

So, I'll be renewing..

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
too bad it was for 25,000 or less songs.
I cannot match my library of music. (still have binders of music waiting to be imported)

And for what it is worth, if I've wanted a song/album, i try and remember when I am at home and boom have it the next day. so $25 saved.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
With as much trouble as I had with it, I don't think I'll be renewing.

Folks like you are why they are sending out the emails. Once the auto-renew kicks in you are stuck. By the terms you agreed to when you signed up, they have the right as given by you to auto renew if you don't tell them not to. But you'd forget your anniversary date, get charged and call and yell at them. So they remind you that said date is coming up and if you forget that's on you.

It's a clever move and a good one. Although it won't stop all the folks from forgetting and complaining but it should stop a few.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
"News and rumors you care about"

I imagine the only people that 'care about' this are iTunes Match subscribers. And they'll be getting the email.

Really don't see why this is on the front page.

tarasis

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Here, there and everywhere
too bad it was for 25,000 or less songs.
I cannot match my library of music. (still have binders of music waiting to be imported)

Same issue for me, I have 26,000 tracks and it won't let me sign up. I'd pay a bit more if they offered the option but they don't so I'm considering trying Amazon's solution.

Most of my stuff won't match as its soundtracks, many are limited editions and aren't available digitally anywhere so iTunes doesn't have a hope in hell of recognizing them.

peterh988

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2011
For as much as I love Match, I just wish it matched available music a lot better than it currently does. Blows having 13 out of 14 matched from the same single CD album, with the 14th being unrecognized.

Funnily enough, I had that happen just today, but upon checking, the errant track was labelled 'album only' by the iTunes store buying option. I should probably check other 'one track missing' albums to see if there's a similar reason.

Works well enough for my needs, though.

jontech

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2010
Hawaii
Great for all the free Amazon music I get

on a side note, Amazon really sucks now, makes you register your computers....

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
already got this mail over 3 weeks ago

never use it on my iDevices tho, i personally think the service sucks and needs so many improvements i cant even be bothered to list them all. the only reason for me to renew is cuz i only got a 128 gb ssd built in and its perfect to store tunes i barely listen to any more

chuckd83

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
"News and rumors you care about"

I imagine the only people that 'care about' this are iTunes Match subscribers. And they'll be getting the email.

Really don't see why this is on the front page.

It's a holiday. Halloween for kids, Reformation Day for Puritans, iTunes Match Renewal for Apple fans.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.