15.4" Unibody 3.06Ghz and 1TB hard drive... will it fit?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MikeT5, Mar 9, 2010.

1. MikeT5 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have trawled the site for info on whether the Western Digital 1TB or 750GB (12mm high) drives will fit into the Unibody MBP, but can't find anything definitive on it. I have just ordered a refurb 15.4" 3.06GHZ (7 hour battery) with 320GB drive, and wish to fit a bigger drive. Has anyone successfully fitted one?

BTW... Gave up on the Arrandale thing, and just went for the Refurb :)

Many thanks,

Mike.

2. man02195 macrumors regular

Should fit, i have one coming today for my 15" march 2009 (spare battery version).

3. MikeT5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Man,

I believe that the one with the removable battery cover will take the drive, as it has more space inside? Let us know how you get on nonetheless.

But, the one I am getting is the later one with the built-in battery. I am thinking that this one will have less room inside? I hope I'm wrong.

Mike.

4. MikeT5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to drag this back to the top, but am keen to find out if someone out there has fitted a 1TB WDC drive into one of the latest 15.4 MBP's?

Thanks,

Mike.

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

According to OWC, it says it will.

I love my 1TB drive, its just as fast as my Seagate 7200 in some retrospects.

6. MikeT5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Ayeying...

I googled OWC, and it indeed seems that the drive will fit. I will try to track one down in the next few days, and fit it. I'll report back on how it goes...

Thanks,

Mike.

7. MikeT5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that, nothing better than a pic to reassure! :)

Refurbed MBP arrived today already! Took the back off... it should have had a 320GB 5400RPM drive, but actually has Seagate Momontus 320GB 7200 RPM drive fitted, which I guess is a bonus. Shame it's not big enough for me though, but OK as a storage disc.

Thanks again,

Mike.

8. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

Yeah, the last refurb I bought should have had a 250gb 5400 and it arrived with a 500gb 5400. It is nice of them, but I would have rather had them surprise me with extra RAM instead of something I was replacing anyway! :)