15" High-Res Anti-Glare Available In Store? Can Someone Find Out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kolax, Apr 13, 2010.

1. kolax macrumors G3

I've called a few UK Apple Stores and they can't tell me if they'll be stocking the high-resolution anti-glare MacBook Pro because they don't have any stock yet and they haven't been told yet.

I'd rather know if they are or aren't - if they aren't I can order online now, otherwise I'd rather wait till its in store so I can check it out before leaving.

Anyone in the US able to tell me? I'd have thought they'd have their stock sooner?

2. locality macrumors newbie

It appears that the high-res antiglare will not be available in store in the US.

3. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I think they'll have some of the available in stores. They had the 17-inch AG of the C2D MacBook Pro in stores so I don't doubt they'll have the 15-inch in stores. It will also be a way to advertise the 15-inch with a higher resolution something that we haven't seen before on a Apple portable.

5. will0407 macrumors 6502a

I'd imagine they will, just can't say how long it'll take. If they didn't have them on display I'd be surprised. They have both 17" versions out at my local store, and I'm guessing they're going to try and promote the increased resolution, as obviously Apple get more money from it.

6. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

They had the high-end MacBook Pro in anti-glare available in store prior to this update.

I see Engadget just posted a review and unboxing of the Core i7 MBP.

Doesn't state that it is the high-res one, but they imply it is in their description. This would suggest the high-res are available in store, so here's hoping the anti-glare is too.

Where you find that out?

7. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

I suppose that's a good point - the higher resolution is a selling point and would make sense to have it available in store as opposed to having to send customers home to order online.

8. GregGebhardt macrumors 6502

9. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Where did Engadget buy their MacBook Pro from?

10. modular macrumors regular

How exactly do they imply that it is a high-res display? They seem to be pretty clear in saying that it is NOT high res:

"Sadly the review model we were provided doesn't have the new high resolution display option"

does anyone have a high-res model in hands? or seem them at the stores?

11. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

I'm talking about the Unboxing and Preview post. The actual review was posted a day after I posted here! To quote Engadget's post:

"..and new configuration options when buying, such as getting yourself a 1680 x 1050 high res display (yes, please).."

The (yes, please) implied that they had got the high-res one.

Obviously their review posted yesterday stated they didn't, so nevermind..

12. modular macrumors regular

lol, sorry then, i didnt see their unboxing version. can't wait to see the high-res display though.

13. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Just called the Glasgow store. They said they don't have it in yet, but it is something they are expecting.

No idea if the girl was sure or not. Going to give them a call tomorrow once more stock arrives and fingers crossed they have one!

14. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

The Bullring (Birmingham) store didn't have the hi-res version. The staff weren't aware it was an option. Will attempt to look at the Solihull store today, providing my glasses get reglazed in time.

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Gave a call today to the Pittsburgh store; no dice. They didn't get any in their shipment today.

Odds are they'll probably fulfill CTO shipments before delivering unsold machines to their stores.

16. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

US stores (MD specifically) have anti-glare in stock as of lunch today. i7 versions of both 15 and 17"; i5 anti-glares will be BTO only.

17. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Sweet.

So it is the same as the last time then.

Highest end 15" and 17" available in anti-glare in store, rest of the models BTO online for anti-glare.

18. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

Called the Ann Arbor, MI store just now and they got a shipment of 15" MBPs with the 1680x1050 display, ANTI-GLARE. The associate I spoke with didn't seem to be aware of a same resolution glossy option, but he did read off the specs of the shipment they got and they indeed sound like they have the anti-glare hi-res MBPs in store.

19. choco macrumors member

choco

the store in the aventura mall in north miami has one antiglare high-res 15" 2.66GHz in stock.

20. BuckyGator macrumors member

Atlanta-Northpoint had high res 17" anti glare yesterday

only with the base HDD though.

21. dogster macrumors member

just got the macbook pro 17 2.66 antiglare in boca raton , fl

Got mine at the town center Mall apple store

High res macbook pro 17 inch 2.67 anti-glare

Doug

22. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Solihull think they might be getting the top 15" with hi res screen, not too sure if it's glossy or matte though.

23. choco macrumors member

choco

ha! i was just there 2 days ago and bought the base 15". jumped the gun. i think i'm going to return and buy a high-res one online. :confused:

24. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Is it fact that they won't carry base 15" in antiglare in the stores?

Sometimes the employees are not well informed. I hope it's not the case or I'll have to buy mine online and wait longer ugh.

25. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Apple Store just told me they have stock; I'm going right now and will post if I get anything.